How Can I play Mario Odyssey 1.0 on a hacked switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by CallistoFr, Apr 25, 2019.

1. CallistoFr
    OP

CallistoFr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Mario Odyssey has glitches which only work on the 1.0 version of the game. I have been playing 1.2 on my hacked switch and now I want to downgrade to version 1.0 however If I just install Mario Odyssey on goldleaf without installing any updates I have to 1.0 version but I cannot run it as I get the error message 'A Software update is required' Anyone know how to downgrade? TIA

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    you mean the jumping robe glitch? the "R" glitch in the city that let you do weird stuff?
    it should works on 1.2.
    why you even want to do that?

3. beanjr

beanjr Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    Canada
    There's a video that explains how to downgrade SMO to 1.0 (video ID: VSAYDLj1FZM)

TL:DR - use devmenu to reset the required version for the game to run.

4. CallistoFr
    OP

CallistoFr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    There is alot of version 1.0 exclusive glitches which are very useful when speedrunning the game I'm just getting the 1.0 digital version to practice them :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'll check that out right now! Can't believe I didn't come across the video when searching

5. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    open goldleaf or devmenu, go to the game and you can remove the update, however this could make the save game not compatible.

6. CallistoFr
    OP

CallistoFr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I managed to do it :) It requires dev menu as it has the option to reset required version. I also managed to use the same game save which was nice