Hacking How can anyone be okay with R4i's behavior?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,655
  • Replies 50
  • Likes 15

Deadvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should have bought the games oppose to pirating copies.
Oh, I don't know.. maybe this whole mess could have been prevented?

Besides, of the ten worthy titles that exist on this console. Is it even worth the investment & hassle to Pirate?
I'm not Pro- or Con on the topic of game copying, but as the n3DS stands. not enough content to net a warrant for me to bother.

My Sympathy to those with bricked handhelds,
but This could have been prevented.

"play with fire, eventually you'll get burned"

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In terms of Bang for your buck when you buy a cheapo clone .... you'll have to price in the risk of Gateway bricking your 3DS. Especially b/c your clone company knows diddly squat and won't be able to protect you from Gateway's vastly superior knowledge.

Good luck.

Gateway = low risk for bricking
Anything else = risky.
That's not going to change any time soon.

While I'll put aside the fact that you seem to say that Gateway team are "teh m0s7 31337 H4x0r 3v3r!!!!11!!!1", I can certainly agree with your point that right now the Gateway are the only viable option (except maybe MT-Card team that seem to be a new player).

But I have to remind you that I also said that I was planning to wait until the firmware are more solid. And by solid I mean more secure and more user friendly (Gateway 2.0 final "could" be a good candidate).

If by then Gateway is still the only viable option then yes, I'll probably go with then. But it's a big if.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I'll put aside the fact that you seem to say that Gateway team are "teh m0s7 31337 H4x0r 3v3r!!!!11!!!1"
I don't know that for sure.
What I do know is that relative to the dangerous clowns at r4i, the Gateway team look like geniuses.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure we have the same definition of "work"... By work do you mean stealing their firmware, disabling the sanity checks and being surprised when something goes wrong?

Certainly Gateway isn't blameless here but R4 was the one to steal the firmware and modify it in such a way that made the bricks possible... It isn't black and white but at least Gateway has contributed real progress to the flash cart scene, which can't be said of R4.

Don't forget, if R4 had actually done their own work as they 'promised' this never would have happened.

I'm not sure if you didn't really read my post or if I wasn't clear enough so I'll try to be more precise.

In my opinion, the customer that bought clone are "blameless". They did nothing "wrong", they just bought what they thought was the best choice (And btw, not everyone of them even know the detail of the story about R4i cloning).

We can agree on this I guess.

Now, we got Gateway who were (rightly) pissed off about the whole cloning this. But, they seems to have deliberately decided to add an hidden code destined to brick (destroy) the 3DS of those customer.

And to make thing worse, we're not talking about destruction of the flashcard (roughly 40$), but the destruction of the whole 3DS (+200$). I know the destruction of the card wasn't possible, but the point is that they caused way more harm to those customer than R4i, who already got money in their pocket anyway.

You could say that it's the customer's fault and they deserve it, but I strongly disagree and I stand by my point that the customer have "nothing" to do in this war.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know that for sure.
What I do know is that relative to the dangerous clowns at r4i, the Gateway team look like geniuses.

Actually, at first glance the work done by R4i (as immoral as it is) to "patch" the compiled firmware of Gateway team and adapt it to their card is way more complex that you seem to think. One thing is sure, they aren't "clowns".

JonnyMohawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that it shouldn't have affected the consumers and had I been the one they consulted I definitely would have said "are you out of your fucking mind?" but my issue is the ton of people acting like R4 wasn't partially at fault, they were.

Multiple things could have stopped this on their end, the obvious is doing there own work but the next major one is TESTING YOUR FIRMWARE... they rushed it out without seeing what would happen when the sanity checks were disabled and strings were changed... always always always test your software after making a change, always.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway Clone or not, you already put your 3DS unit at risk when using a flashcart, and you're definitely giving your warranty the middle finger.
Gateway and R4 are just enablers, the true pirates and wrong-doers are the people using the non-authorized products.

Instead of "Flashcart makers brick devices" I really see "Pirates fuck themselves over"

You're not even supposed to use Gateway in the 1st place, much less cheaper chinese clones that just copypasta from the source.

And this isn't to look down on you pirates that want to spend the least amount of money as possible, but you guys made your bed...

D

Deleted User

OP
This just in, Gateway is responsible for firmware R4i provides and customers of R4i. How is that even logical? Do you even see how stupid up that is ? :wtf:

Reactions: osirisjem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should ask for Green leaf brownies
    Space Cakes?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Space Cakes?