How can anyone be okay with R4i's behavior?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by json, Jan 16, 2014.

1. json
    OP

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Seems only fitting that this thread would be created :tpi:.

How can you support clones that release a bricker firmware?

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    Exactly. Why would you support or continue to trust a team who steals work from others and doesn't even check it over?

They'll now be known as the team who bricked 3DS consoles everywhere

3. NanakiXIII

NanakiXIII Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2013
    They never had my trust... now, much less.

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I've never purchased clone cart, and never will. Hopefully the recent malicious actions of the r4i clown clone team will see the downfall of any flashcart with the r4 name branded on it.

5. diffikolt

diffikolt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    This thread is beautiful.

gamesquest1 and sonic2756 like this.
  6. GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person

Banned
    Dec 12, 2012
    http://playstationhax.it/
    Well aren't people becoming extremely immature.

gamefan5 and Huntereb like this.
  7. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    the thing i dont understand?

what the fuck was the R4 team beta testers doing? should they not have pulled the plug on the latest software, and saved a lot of people the pain of they 3DS getting bricked?

shame on you R4 team. SHAME!

8. json
    OP

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    The R4 is a brand raped by any run-of-the-mill Chinese team. If you look at the fact that R4i 3DS == 3DSLink == Orange 3DS, who's to say this same team didn't make 10 DS flashcards all with a different brand?

DSTT, Supercard, R4, M3, G6, and the list goes on. How many ACTUAL teams are there? Maybe 2 or 3?

9. Breadwin

Breadwin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Agreed R4 brand is completely dead to me, to find out they didn't even bother checking the code they copied and allowed their users of their products to get bricked, just shows what a 3rd rate bunch of people they are

10. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    2, but I'm no expert but both seems not t lick each other at the moment.

11. Kayday

Kayday Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    The Miz from WWE: Really? R E A L L Y?

12. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    How do you test for something that's rare and random occurring . My opinion people that got bricked should blame gateway not R4i.

13. json
    OP

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Actually, most of the people with a bricked 3DS console should demand a compensation from their R4i reseller or boycott them. The resellers will then think twice before selling R4i or 3DSLink anymore, and ultimately this hurts R4i and 3DSLink sales

14. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    R4i were doing original work or so they say. Brick code must be theirs :P.

15. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    its rare and random occurring? its it shiny Pokemon with perfect IV rare. because if thats the case its sounding like a conspiracy theory, New World Order level.

16. sonic2756

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    After all of the BS this section has seen, this thread is definitely a nice change :P. Props to OP.

justinkb and diffikolt like this.
  17. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Daniel Bryan from WWE: YES! YES! YES!

18. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    You could try actually examining the code instead of just releasing it. Great way to start.

19. ELok

ELok GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Canada

Ok, I'll take the shot.

As a future customer that didn't buy any flash card yet, I have to say that I'm not okay with R4i's behavior.

However, this "won't" affect my decision on which card I'll buy. It's a choice, my choice. As I kept "Thriller" in my mp3 after all the bad press around M.J. at the time. I'll buy the best product "for the buck". And before this little controversy, the best option certainly wasn't Gateway.

Don't point the finger at me yet, all the successful electronic company have an history of stolen intellectual property and it's not the responsibility of the customer to make a difference. It's the responsibility of the government, the law.

On the other hand, now we have a company (Gateway) that seems to have purposely sabotaged their work. While we could argue about the right or wrong of those action, one thing is certain, the one that pay the price are those customer. And I got a huge problem about this.

And hear me out, I wouldn't mind to bad if the sabotage simply make the firmware unusable. But we're talking about "destruction of property" of customer that, alway in my opinion, have done nothing wrong except paying the best product on the market.

Of course, as far as I know there's no proof yet that Gateway deliberately wanted to brick those 3DS. But if it's the case I'll have a bigger problem again Gateway that attacked customers instead of R4i that attacked Gateway.

Still, in the end I'll still buy the "best for the buck". And gateway will have to drop their price before I decide to buy their product. But It's not for some time, I'll wait that the exploit are more solid.

Elok

20. Jean Karlo

Jean Karlo Hacker Aspirant!!!

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    This is the most childish, immature and inadequate thing I have ever seen on forums...
    Grow up...

-honestly, from 16 year old teen

GregoryRasputin likes this.