Hacking How can anyone be okay with R4i's behavior?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,669
  • Replies 50
  • Likes 15

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. Why would you support or continue to trust a team who steals work from others and doesn't even check it over?

They'll now be known as the team who bricked 3DS consoles everywhere

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never purchased clone cart, and never will. Hopefully the recent malicious actions of the r4i clown clone team will see the downfall of any flashcart with the r4 name branded on it.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the thing i dont understand?

what the fuck was the R4 team beta testers doing? should they not have pulled the plug on the latest software, and saved a lot of people the pain of they 3DS getting bricked?

shame on you R4 team. SHAME!

D

Deleted User

OP
The R4 is a brand raped by any run-of-the-mill Chinese team. If you look at the fact that R4i 3DS == 3DSLink == Orange 3DS, who's to say this same team didn't make 10 DS flashcards all with a different brand?

DSTT, Supercard, R4, M3, G6, and the list goes on. How many ACTUAL teams are there? Maybe 2 or 3?

Breadwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed R4 brand is completely dead to me, to find out they didn't even bother checking the code they copied and allowed their users of their products to get bricked, just shows what a 3rd rate bunch of people they are

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The R4 is a brand raped by any run-of-the-mill Chinese team. If you look at the fact that R4i 3DS == 3DSLink == Orange 3DS, who's to say this same team didn't make 10 DS flashcards all with a different brand?

DSTT, Supercard, R4, M3, G6, and the list goes on. How many ACTUAL teams are there? Maybe 2 or 3?

2, but I'm no expert but both seems not t lick each other at the moment.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
the thing i dont understand?

what the fuck was the R4 team beta testers doing? should they not have pulled the plug on the latest software, and saved a lot of people the pain of they 3DS getting bricked?

shame on you R4 team. SHAME!
How do you test for something that's rare and random occurring . My opinion people that got bricked should blame gateway not R4i.

D

Deleted User

OP
Actually, most of the people with a bricked 3DS console should demand a compensation from their R4i reseller or boycott them. The resellers will then think twice before selling R4i or 3DSLink anymore, and ultimately this hurts R4i and 3DSLink sales

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you test for something that's rare and random occurring . My opinion people that got bricked should blame gateway not R4i.

its rare and random occurring? its it shiny Pokemon with perfect IV rare. because if thats the case its sounding like a conspiracy theory, New World Order level.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems only fitting that this thread would be created :tpi:.

How can you support clones that release a bricker firmware?

Ok, I'll take the shot.

As a future customer that didn't buy any flash card yet, I have to say that I'm not okay with R4i's behavior.

However, this "won't" affect my decision on which card I'll buy. It's a choice, my choice. As I kept "Thriller" in my mp3 after all the bad press around M.J. at the time. I'll buy the best product "for the buck". And before this little controversy, the best option certainly wasn't Gateway.

Don't point the finger at me yet, all the successful electronic company have an history of stolen intellectual property and it's not the responsibility of the customer to make a difference. It's the responsibility of the government, the law.

On the other hand, now we have a company (Gateway) that seems to have purposely sabotaged their work. While we could argue about the right or wrong of those action, one thing is certain, the one that pay the price are those customer. And I got a huge problem about this.

And hear me out, I wouldn't mind to bad if the sabotage simply make the firmware unusable. But we're talking about "destruction of property" of customer that, alway in my opinion, have done nothing wrong except paying the best product on the market.

Of course, as far as I know there's no proof yet that Gateway deliberately wanted to brick those 3DS. But if it's the case I'll have a bigger problem again Gateway that attacked customers instead of R4i that attacked Gateway.

Still, in the end I'll still buy the "best for the buck". And gateway will have to drop their price before I decide to buy their product. But It's not for some time, I'll wait that the exploit are more solid.

Elok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...