modmanwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i goto a "wiki"

?

I just got a 100 pack for $20 from staples wanna know if they work on my wiikey b4 i open them

also how are MAXELL
smile.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a bunch of HP dvd+r as well, and so far Alchohol 120% refused to burn any iso on it, but imgburn worked just fine.
I didn't test any of the burned backups, because my Wiikey still hasn't arrived yet, but I have a good feeling that'll work.
I will test them ASAP
smile.gif

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HP media is usually made by CMC. CMC sucks.

Verbatim usually has amazing media... I've been getting amazing burns with Lightscribe Verbatim +R's. They where outsourcing some of there media to CMC so I don't know if they can be trusted fully.

Maxell media can be good. If its made it Japan then its amazing. If its not.... it could be ok media or really bad.

Sony is suppose to be really good. I've had really good luck with their -R's.

TDK makes some scratch proof DVD's that you can get off of newegg. I've heard that they are amazing. TDK does outsource to CMC and even worse companies... I don't trust them.

Memorex and Imation also outsources to CMC and even worse companies.

Taiyo Yuden's are always good.

Office Depot gets their media made by Ritek and its pretty good media.

Office max and Staples media is some of the worst out there.

Anything made in Japan or Singapore is almost always very good.

Media from the USA, Malaysia, Austria, Europe, China, Hong Kong, and Korea always sucks.

Most of all... you're burner makes a huge difference. I use Nero 6.6 and burn at 8x with most media because my burner likes that. =)

modmanwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm

Ive got pioneer 111D

i guess ill return these HP and try to see if the MAXELL on sale are from japan or what not

if not ill hafta settle for payin $30 per 50 pack at bestbuy for verbs
frown.gif

dont have time for newegg =\

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
found this just now. If you know your media codes this would help.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Edit: Use DVD Identifier to find out
Thats a good site. I also recommend cdfreaks. Read some of there reviews and see how different media burns with different burners. Also after you burn a cd, use nero disc-speed and check the quality of the burn.

hmmm

Ive got pioneer 111D

i guess ill return these HP and try to see if the MAXELL on sale are from japan or what not

if not ill hafta settle for payin $30 per 50 pack at bestbuy for verbs
frown.gif

dont have time for newegg =\
you have a good burner. Best Buy had Sony's on sale last week, too bad you missed it. Like I said, I had amazing burns with their -R's. As far as the HP's go... since you have an amazing burner you might not end up with bad burns. I've read reviews of that burner doing good burns with CMC media.

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a spindle of these given to me. They're CMC rubbish.
It took under 5 minutes to get a DRE on Cooking Mama. I went out and bought some Verbatims and they're working fine.
smile.gif

Kissell13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For all the +r haters.....I have every game out so far burnt to +r disc's and they all work great. Not a single dre yet on any game. I am using memorex +r lightscribe discs. Just my 2 cents

-Kissell13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o