Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
A forum where more Noobs could be at and any of those "high-horse" older folk around here can just AVOID THAT FORUM ENTIRELY if they can't be nice to the noobs.

The older folk around here who CAN be nice and wish to be helpful, would be more than welcome, but the assholes can just stay the fuck out.

P.S DanTheMan...thanks for basically answering my question in the other thread about the supercard DSONE i. I didn't quite understand the write-up, which was why I posted the topic.

See, if we HAD a forum more geared for Noobs...noobs like me could ASK a question like that...and those who want to be nice and helpful, could come by and read it and offer their help...and those who are "ANNOYED" by noobs, and think they are so much fucking better than noobs...can just stay the fuck out of that Forum altogether.

That way, noobs wouldn't have to feel so threatened and unwelcome around here, and maybe the Forum would grow more...to the benefit of the whole community.

All of us had to start SOMEWHERE, right? So why be an asshole just because you are more advanced than someone else?

Why be a mean son of a bitch toward someone and drive them away? Maybe that person who is right now a noob...two years from now will produce an awesome piece of homebrew that will now never happen because some asshole drove that person away instead?

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice idea but then wouldn't the high horse people be like "haha that noob forum sucks ass, look at them!" "you were a noob once too" "No I wasn't, I've always been awesome...penis comment penis comment penis comment RAAAAAH!"

so yeh...hope you get my point; i don't

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
The internet works differently, even noobs can be arrogant. And you are not gonna have a forum filled with random questions from xbox to ds are you? Plus, its been discussed several times before. And I remember the wii boards had the noob paradise or something liddat topic, maybe more of that instead?

WE NEED A MUSIC FORUM MOAR!!!!!
hate2.gif

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
we already have threads for noobz - theyre called:

kingdon hearts 358/2 days release thread
scribblenauts release thread
Pokemon heart gold release thread
pokemon soul silver release thread
Mario and Luigi: Bowsers inside story release thread

D

Deleted User

I see everyones point, suddendly its not such a good idea.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, well, I think it's a good idea.

I AM TIRED OF GETTING MY FUCKING FEELINGS HURT BY PEOPLE WHO CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES AND REFRAIN FROM BEING ASSHOLES TOWARDS NOOBS!!

I have just as much right to be here, and to ask questions as everyone else, and should be treated with the same dignity, respect, and courtesy...as anyone else...AS THE BOARD RULES DICTATE.

I swear to God I'm thru taking shit from anyone...from now on, anyone who hurts my feelings gets reported on.

No exceptions.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
[sarcasm]
Ooh, I'm hurt by what you just said...
cry.gif
I'm such a whiny little noob, who can't stop complaining about people complaining about my pointless threads... :whinewhine:
[/sarcasm]

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
And may I ask how you are being treated badly? Like being asked to read and search yourself is not mean at all, I can find whatever stuff the noobs ask by sifting thru old threads.

And there is one thing. It will not help the community grow. We ahve nice people nice to noobs, but they just leave because they accomplished what they want, they never planned on contributing at all.

D

Deleted User

loads of people in my school regestered for a patch for platinium and never came back

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
And may I ask how you are being treated badly? Like being asked to read and search yourself is not mean at all, I can find whatever stuff the noobs ask by sifting thru old threads.

And there is one thing. It will not help the community grow. We ahve nice people nice to noobs, but they just leave because they accomplished what they want, they never planned on contributing at all.

No...they way they are MEAN AND NASTY about asking me to do that.

The fact is..."SEARCH" is totally effing useless anymore...it usually brings back thousands of possibilities, 99 percent of which have NOTHING TO DO WITH what you were trying to search for in the first place!!

WHY can't someone just nicely say....hey, gee, this was already discuss...have a look HERE...and post up a link? IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD??

Is it so fucking hard to be NICE instead of an asshole?

Maybe I plan on "contributing" maybe not. It sorta depends on if I'm interested in helping the community out.

and if the community is gonna treat me like SHIT...then why would I want to help?

Now, if they are NICE...I might be more inclined to learn more and thus, one day, contribute something.

Hey...I self-taught myself fucking PHP.

I had never even LOOKED at code before in my life until I became an Admin on my own LOTGD game.

I taught myself, and learned, and made some contributions back, because people were nice and patient...and didn't act like assholes.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm yeah... reporting someone will not get the admin's attention, much. Its the mods who do the work., and that is pretty minor But some times, I can see why people are being assholes. No offense, but sometimes I do believe your tone is too serious and stern, most netizens are put off by this. Try sounding friendly and you won't see assholes.

Also about the homebrew, part: lol, no that won't work here. Most people who want to learn how to make homebrew would go to other sites, so no loss. Really, the noobs that leave are mostly those that never intended to join in the first place.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
Domination said:

The fact is..."SEARCH" is totally effing useless anymore...it usually brings back thousands of possibilities, 99 percent of which have NOTHING TO DO WITH what you were trying to search for in the first place!!

Maybe you should learn how to use a search engine then...I seem to find things perfectly fine

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're confusing 'noob' with 'newb'. There's a distinct difference.

NEWB - A person new to a certain subject and therefore has little or no knowledge on said subject. If a forum search cannot answer his questions he will make a polite post asking for help. He will be grateful for any help he receives and personally thank the people who offer this help.

NOOB - A know-nothing arsehole too lazy/stupid/arrogant to perform his own forum searches. He will make posts DEMANDING the information he requires and not be grateful when he receives it. If other forum users will not appease his laziness/ego he will become verbally abusive.

If a forum was made just for noobs, the noobs wouldn't use it. Because they're noobs.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is sometimes people just get tired of the same old questions.....i know i do. A great deal of the time noobs get help but when it's the same old, same old and posed in either a lazy or a cocky way even the most patient tend to snap (again, i know i do).

The best advice i could give to a person new to a particular subject is this, ask your questions well. eg. -

QUOTE said:
Hi,

I'm noob101 and i'm a bit stuck with [insert generic noob issue here]. Now i've searched the boards and read [link 1], [link 2] and [link 3] but i'm a bit confused about [insert generic noob confusion]. Please could anyone either help me understand or point me in the direction of a better guide because i'm stuck.

Thanks
Now that will always get you help without any derision. This won't -

QUOTEI'm a big fat lazy noob.YAWN! I've just bought this console and i want to play downloaded games.... Feed me. I'm just going to go and watch TV and eat some cakes but when i get back and check this topic i want all the answers.

Thanks in advanced suckers

PS i couldn't be bothered to search or use google because my fingers are tired.

Firstly it's THANKS IN ADVANCE! Gah that annoys me when people get that wrong. Second, can you see the inherent difference between those posts and why some people react differently?

If you expect people to put in the effort to help you just demonstrate that you've put in equal or greater effort first. Simple.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find that the search engine works rather well now we use Google, you just have to use it properly.

And the report button is there for a reason, folks, please use it.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sinkhead said:
I find that the search engine works rather well now we use Google, you just have to use it properly.
I used to use the Google one, but as of late it's become next to useless giving almost no relevant results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google