Hacking Hourglass9 Health and Safety Dump and Inject Failed, Help!

2xlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey dude don't get salty, I simply told you I'd done that with my n3ds and it worked for me.

It clearly sounds like you got yourself in a mess because you didn't follow instructions correctly in the first place which is no one's fault but your own.

Regardless I hope you get it sorted. As you have an intact nand backup worst comes to worst you can hard mod repair if you fuck it up massively so you have options.
Yah i fixed it mb

2xlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or use my tool InjectorHelper.jar at quantumc.at which executes the above program but it also does the file moving for you.
Well I'm not on 9.2 and I cant even dump or load hs.app on my sysnand.
Also when running FBi.3ds through my gateway and try installing a CIA it gets to 100% and then says error 0xC88044, file doesnt exist / cant be found

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also when running FBi.3ds through my gateway and try installing a CIA it gets to 100% and then says error 0xC88044, file doesnt exist / cant be found
If you're on a9lh use Hourglass9 through Luma payloads (I assume you are or you couldn't be using Gateway on an updated sysNAND).

Did you try multiple cia files and it does that with all of them?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

in that case what you can do is delete the system title of the health and safety app, and reinstall it with the cia, you could get it using nus downloader, or downloading a 6.1 firmware pack, since its in that version the last time it was updated on the old 3ds, so it contains the cia.

If your console is an American O3DS then the title id is: 0004001000021300 (so you need the 0004001000021300.cia)

so.. before doing anything, find that cia!!!
then go to fbi (.3ds Version) > titles, and delete the title with that id
after that install the cia to so that the health and safety app its reinstalled, this time, hopefully, it will not be split in diferent parts of the fragmented nand.

Now you should be able to inject fbi from hourglas9.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also.. if you cant install fbi from the gateway .3ds version.. try the other cia installers, big blue menu, fbi 1.x,etc.

if any of them install properly, than reboot the console and enter luma instead of gateway, and attemp to install fbi 2.4.2 from there with any of those cia installers

Last edited by Altairseven,

2xlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on a9lh use Hourglass9 through Luma payloads (I assume you are or you couldn't be using Gateway on an updated sysNAND).

Did you try multiple cia files and it does that with all of them?
At first I installed a few CIAs and they worked but then after restarting they disappeared and when I tried to reinstall them they would immediately get the same error.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
At first I installed a few CIAs and they worked but then after restarting they disappeared and when I tried to reinstall them they would immediately get the same error.

there is something really weird going on with your console.. you could try restoring the nand backup again.

but there is a change that your nand is really fragmented, not just a little, and this is very troublesome...

anyway.. another thing that you should try.. as i've just found it, is following the
"Cannot inject H&S on Gateway downgraded device" Section of plailec guide's troubleshouting.

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting

Seriously I have never seen this part before, dont know when did he add it, but its probably a far better idea than what i recommended you before.

Last edited by Altairseven,

2xlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is something really weird going on with your console.. you could try restoring the nand backup again.

but there is a change that your nand is really fragmented, not just a little, and this is very troublesome...

anyway.. another thing that you should try.. as i've just found it, is following the
"Cannot inject H&S on Gateway downgraded device" Section of plailec guide's troubleshouting.

Seriously I have never seen this part before, dont know when did he add it, but its probably a far better idea than what i recommended you before.
When I have time ill try both of the things you suggested, thanks.

2xlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This worked, thanks so much!Is there like recommended basic hacks that I can install by CIA that you would recommend that I have.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This worked, thanks so much!Is there like recommended basic hacks that I can install by CIA that you would recommend that I have.
great!!!

the homebrews I always recommend are :
-CHMM2 for Custom themes.
-Freeshop, for downloading and installing games, updates and dlcs, of any region (this is a must have!!!)
-ftpd (cia version), for... transfering small files.
-mSDManagement Rebuild US (pastafix) This is the microsd magagment aplication originally extracted from a new 3ds, and modified to work in both new and old 3ds directly from the home menu, its better that removing the sd constantly, you could find it in that iso site, or in google, its not posted here, because its ilegal, since its a nintendo system app modified.
-jksavemanager to inject and extract savegames ( it can also sey playcoins to 300).
-lumaupdater, to keep luma3ds up to date.
-lumalocaleswitcher, to force games to open in any region or language, using luma locale emulation option, this simplifies the process by creating the txt files with the region information of each title on the /luma/locales/ folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY