TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
[Investigators] asked heterosexal men how comfortable and anxious they are around gay men. Based on these scores, they then divided these men into two groups: men that are homophobic, and men who are not. These men were then shown three, four minute videos. One video depicted straight sex, one depicted lesbian sex and one depicted gay male sex. While this was happening, a device was attached to the male participant’s penises. This device has been found to be triggered by sexual arousal, but not other types of arousal (such as nervousness, or fear – arousal often has a very different meaning in psychology than in popular usage).When viewing lesbian sex and straight sex, both the homophobic and the non-homophobic men showed increased penis circumference. For gay male sex, however, only the homophobic men showed heightened penis arousal.

Heterosexual men with the most anti-gay attitudes, when asked, reported not being sexually aroused by gay male sex videos. But, their penises reported otherwise.

Homophobic men were the most sexually aroused by gay male sex acts.

That's just part of the text, the whole thing can be found here : http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/06/...sexual-arousal/

It's pretty much what most people have said all along obviously, but it's always nice to have research to back it up!
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ahahaha, self-hating *any group/faction/whatever here* suck in general
tongue.gif

(was this finding for the majority of homophobic men surveyed or just a notable amount of them? - source article didn't really mention)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really account as proof to me. The homophobic men could have been so scarred of the gay sex, that they tried to ease their fear by remembering the last two videos - the straight sex and les sex.

EDIT: NO I'M NOT HOMOPHOBIC.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
ahahaha, self-hating *any group/faction/whatever here* suck in general
tongue.gif

(was this finding for the majority of homophobic men surveyed or just a notable amount of them? - source article didn't really mention)

It doesn't say merc mate so I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to hazard a guess that it was a majority amount, otherwise they probably would have stated that a small amount of homophobic men suffered from it.

QUOTE(iluvfupaburgers @ Jun 13 2011, 04:24 AM) kinda expected that, oh the irony. wonder how many people actually participated in this

35 Homophobic men and 29 non-Homophobic men.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
This doesn't really account as proof to me. The homophobic men could have been so scarred of the gay sex, that they tried to ease their fear by remembering the last two videos - the straight sex and les sex.

If something completely unappealing or unarousing is shown, if you truly hate it, no amount of thinking back will cause the sexual stimulation. You would need a really vivid imagination to manage that, while watching the film the entire time.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Generally, the most outspoken people are the most hypocritical. This applies to everything, not just homosexuality. Not surprising that closet gay men might act homophobic, considering that in many places society does not welcome homosexuality.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
s4mid4re said:

If something completely unappealing or unarousing is shown, if you truly hate it, no amount of thinking back will cause the sexual stimulation. You would need a really vivid imagination to manage that, while watching the film the entire time.

Which, isn't really that hard (lol PUN) to do. Hell when I'm watching a movie or a show, if I get bored, I'll just space out while still watching it, but still think of other things that could have just happened, or from a long time ago.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Nathan Drake said:
s4mid4re said:

Which, isn't really that hard (lol PUN) to do. Hell when I'm watching a movie or a show, if I get bored, I'll just space out while still watching it, but still think of other things that could have just happened, or from a long time ago.

If they noticeably spaced out or looked away, then they would have manipulated the results and made it inaccurate.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

This post is sooo revealing!
biggrin.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't believe this. But cool that some people do. This article is saying that people who don't like hanging around with gay people are gay? Sounds dumb to me. I knew a guy from school, right when he came out of the closet he started grabbing all over me and kept trying to hump me and would stuff like, "I'm raping you! Rawr!"... Who ever would hang out with that gay and feel comfortable is really gay.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, I don't believe this. But cool that some people do. This article is saying that people who don't like hanging around with gay people are gay? Sounds dumb to me. I knew a guy from school, right when he came out of the closet he started grabbing all over me and kept trying to hump me and would stuff like, "I'm raping you! Rawr!"... Who ever would hang out with that gay and feel comfortable is really gay.

You let him grab you all over and try to hump you?
wink.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
omgpwn666 said:

You let him grab you all over and try to hump you?
wink.gif

You got me, I'm gay. lol
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok