Homebrew Homemenuhax V2.1 - Support for FW's 10.2-10.3!

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I use themes with this? It doesn't seems to work for me. (Only the default color themes work when installed from menuhax_manager)

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I use themes with this? It doesn't seems to work for me. (Only the default color themes work when installed from menuhax_manager)

I was about to post this. Themes don't seem to be working. I've got the files in /3ds/menuhax_manager but when I go to launch 'Change themes' afterwards it doesn't generate the files for Menuhax.

EDIT: Nevermind, after about 5-6 tries it decided to work. Picked the Blue theme, then installed Menuhax, then restarted and went to Change Themes, then went back into Menuhax Manager and installed custom theme.

Strange though because in the old version on older firmware the Theme app used to generate something after you ran Menuhax.

Last edited by kiwiis,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I don't go fucking shit up first...
Anything up to the current firmware can now be hacked.
Does this mean that I can upgrade my emunand on my N3DS, or do RXtools, gateway, etc. still have to catch up?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was about to post this. Themes don't seem to be working. I've got the files in /3ds/menuhax_manager but when I go to launch 'Change themes' afterwards it doesn't generate the files for Menuhax.

EDIT: Nevermind, after about 5-6 tries it decided to work. Picked the Blue theme, then installed Menuhax, then restarted and went to Change Themes, then went back into Menuhax Manager and installed custom theme.

Strange though because in the old version on older firmware the Theme app used to generate something after you ran Menuhax.

I've got it working with custom themes, so I downloaded the body_lz.bin and bgm.bcstm of the Nintendo Consoles theme and installed as a custom theme (I think it's not illegal since I own the original theme)

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Just so I don't go fucking shit up first...
Anything up to the current firmware can now be hacked.
Does this mean that I can upgrade my emunand on my N3DS, or do RXtools, gateway, etc. still have to catch up?

NO. There's no solution for you right now, but it's possible in the future there will be. The keys for N3DS 9.6+ are still private.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does this really work?
I'm still using 10.1.0-27 BTW, and Themehax is my only option now. But if I'll update to 10.3, will I lose my access to Themehax? Because as what I heard, some of the hax methods here require me to use another accessible hax.

And I'm paranoid if I'll just update right away so I can get the revived old Ironfall...

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this really work?
I'm still using 10.1.0-27 BTW, and Themehax is my only option now. But if I'll update to 10.3, will I lose my access to Themehax? Because as what I heard, some of the hax methods here require me to use another accessible hax.

And I'm paranoid if I'll just update right away so I can get the revived old Ironfall...

If you update to 10.3 now, you can use Browserhax to get into HBL, from there you can install Menuhax 2.1 onto 10.3. It works just as you're used to, only now you can also use Menuhax/Themehax on 10.3

Just be sure you've updated the files on your SD card with the new starter kit first.

Last edited by kiwiis,

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OK just updated to 10.3 & used Browserhax, but why is only "Region free launcher" only showing up? Why are the others not shown?

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
OK just updated to 10.3 & used Browserhax, but why is only "Region free launcher" only showing up? Why are the others not shown?

Are you sure you setup your SD right? You should have a /3ds folder on the root of your SD card which contains all of the homebrew stuff. If it's all there it should show up

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ah yeah... that was my mistake.
The one in the root was the /starter folder, so I tried to transfer its contents to the root instead.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
10.3J O3DS work for me
both homemenuhax and browerhax work for me
but custom theme not work?
never mind it work
but is it possible install 10 theme then shuffling like chmm2 and with hax

Last edited by srwgin,

ESDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my backups playing via rxTools on my O3DS 9.2U, I want to get the N3DS though and have the same setup to play my backups on it from there via rxTools, just to be sure can I go buy it and get this done and it will work just like my O3DS? I just really like the idea of having all my games in my console without having the need to swap out every game. It gets tedious. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I couldn't really understand the entire concept with the 3DS hacking especially because I feel I got lucky when doing my O3DS. (took like 2 days to get it how I wanted it, automatic boot and everything... and I'm pretty good at Wii modding lol)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

1) Put the body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm in the 3ds/menuhax_manager folder
2) Install menuhax normally if you didn't do so yet
3) go down to the "install custom theme" option
4) viola. theme installed.

Confirmed working by yours truly.

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even better memchunkhax2 is a kernel exploit and it works on 10.3!
Tl;Dr
SNS means Safe Nintendo Shell, and the hax possible with it can be used to downgrade from 9.3-10.1 down to 9.2, and it is currently only possible on a new3ds, though Smea has said it may be possible on old3ds with a workaround. It was patched in system version 10.2
I mean that

Last edited by narutonic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...