datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I was wondering if there was a way to use the wireless from my Nintendo Wii to give wireless to my XBOX 360 via USB to USB connection & homebrew.
They currently reside next to each other, and seeing as how the 360 Wi-Fi dongle is expensive, I'd rather run a cord from console to console.

Basically, is this even possible, even if it's not in the near future..

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not sure if it is possible to connect the consoles. They use totally different file structures for all the stuff such as videos and music.
That said, RARE did manage to get the DS to connect to the 360 for Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise but it was pulled while still in production, so I guess it is possible but then again, they would have access to information that the homebrew scene have yet to find out.
If it is possible for the DS then I am sure that it was possible for the wii as it is a fair bit more powerful in regards to wireless conectivity.

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
So you want to switch on the Wii and 360, set the TV input to the Wii, start the wireless connection homebrew on the Wii, go back to the 360, start the wireless connection homebrew on the 360, and then start gaming?

Besides, you have to turn either the Wii or the 360 from a USB host into a USB device.

Wouldn't it be easier just buy the thing?

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he wants to use his wii to pick up the wireless signal for his 360 so he doesn't have to use Ethernet cords...

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you dont want to spend $100 on the wireless adapter... get a "cheap" wireless router which support DD-WRT (or similar) and use the client mode.

Wifi -- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Wifi router with DD-WRT in client mode -----------ETHERNET------------ Xbox 360

USB to USB connection is slower than Ethernet... Maybe I'm wrong, but the Xbox 360 still don't have homebrew (or maybe on older system version??)... your basicly asking for the moon
wink.gif

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantetsu said:
I think he wants to use his wii to pick up the wireless signal for his 360 so he doesn't have to use Ethernet cords...
Mhmm, you would be correct in that fact. I can hook up my 360 via ethernet or buy the wireless dongle, but given that my Wii is right next to my 360 and has Wi-Fi enabled already (Connect24 is running so no need to full power on the Wii..)

I'd rather have homebrew that can power down the Wii and place it into Connect24 mode, but also make the Wii used as a Wi-Fi USB hotspot which can connect to the 360. Therefore, connect a double-ended USB cable from the Wii TO 360.

Would save me $100 and not have an ethernet cord dragging across my floor.
- The 360 already has wireless functionality (controllers) and Wi-Fi (with extra hardware for USB)..

@ Richy Freeway: Did you want to be congratulated or something?

EDIT: I have a router, just don't want to use a cord dragging from it to the 360. I'd just like to know if this is homebrew possible.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
@kornychaos
You have ever heard of Wii Homebrew that runs in the suspend mode?
I mean even doing this would be like an Rube Goldberg Machine(in this case software) xD

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is possible but even if it was it would take far too long and you would be better off just buying the wireless adaptor for the 360.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Pikachu025 said:
kornychaos said:
double-ended USB cable
I don't think such a thing exists, in a working form anyway.

It does exist, sometimes is used to conect a Mac to another Mac and share info

Look here :

http://www.trust.com/products/product_detail.aspx?item=14548

That kind of cable cost about $25-$30...

Why can't you ditch about $30 on a good Wireless router(dd-wrt compatible) and place it next to your xbox 360 with a little 6inch ethernet cable... how on earth could can this be more complex than buying a cable of the same price and coding way to many line of code for something so simple
sleep.gif

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, gotcha, well, thanks guys for answering my question (minus one person)!
Just for the record, the reason being, I already own a usb-usb cable, so I was trying to use the tools I already had (minus the homebrew hotspot).

Guess for now I'll go buy that router or just continue running the ethernet cord across the room, much appreciation!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1