Homebrew Homebrew on DSI 2019

Ocelot124286

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my DS(I). I recently bought it new a few weeks ago and I can't hack it. I do not have Flipnote studio, SUDOKU, or any other applications that can allow me to hack my DS(I). I do have a flashcard, but whenever I boot an application it says that I don't have a DS(I) and it won't work.

Ocelot124286

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only option is to hardmod, which involves soldering to 4 very tiny points on the motherboard.

How do I do this? Do you have a guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What application is saying that you don't have a DSi?

Both FWTool and Unlaunch installer.
I think its because i'm using a flashcard and I'm meant to be using flipnote studio.
I'm following dsi.cfw.guide .

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do I do this? Do you have a guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Both FWTool and Unlaunch installer.
I think its because i'm using a flashcard and I'm meant to be using flipnote studio.
I'm following dsi.cfw.guide .
Yes, flashcarts (except for the CycloDS iEvo which only worked on older firmware versions) don't run in DSi Mode. Moreover, even if they did, DSi software in the cartridge slot is unable to access the NAND, so it wouldn't be useful for hacking.

D

Deleted User

This requires it to be on your nand so you can copy it to the SD card.
Unless you mean a .NDS version, which would be useless as you can only run it if you already have Hiya.
Maybe I‘m wrong or I was lucky - I got a new dsi last week and followed the guide right away and it worked (didn‘t check whether flipnote was installed before just copied it like mentioned in the guide to my sd card and was able to start hb launcher).

Ocelot124286

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I‘m wrong or I was lucky - I got a new dsi last week and followed the guide right away and it worked (didn‘t check whether flipnote was installed before just copied it like mentioned in the guide to my sd card and was able to start hb launcher).

In the guide. You have to open flipnote studio to access hb launcher.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You had Flipnote installed already. The download in the guide is for "Flipnote ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (“Flipnote Lenny”)", which is hacked data used by a pre-existing Flipnote installation.

As stated on https://dsi.cfw.guide/faq , you cannot install HiyaCFW without Flipnote Studio unless you do a hardmod.

Reactions: SCOTT0852
D

Deleted User

You had Flipnote installed already. The download in the guide is for "Flipnote ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (“Flipnote Lenny”)", which is hacked data used by a pre-existing Flipnote installation.

As stated on https://dsi.cfw.guide/faq , you cannot install HiyaCFW without Flipnote Studio unless you do a hardmod.
Thanks for clarifying - then I must have been really lucky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol