Homebrew Homebrew Discussion Thread

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get sound on MegaETk? Not sure what the best font is for DSReader? This thread is for all those little questions you need answering. Commonly asked questions will eventually be added to this post.

howaboutit.png

Also, temporarily this thread will be used for discussion of the feature homebrew article.

icon11.gif
Read the article

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Urza!
bow.gif

Been anticipating this for a while (don't ask how I know!)
tongue.gif

Sure should have payed attention to DS Homebrew, as it's changed my mind - there really are some decent Homebrew games and apps (I retract my statement, Costello).

Downloading a bunch of that to a special new folder on my memory card 'Homebrew'
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what the best font is for DSReader?
haha, i wouldn't mind knowing your opinion on this at all
wink.gif

oh and nice article. pretty fair selection, most of which i have on my cart and only one or two i haven't tried.
don't know why you chucked bulletgba in though, since it's gba but whateva, its a great game worthy of mention anyway.

kingdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great post Urza. I will be picking up some of those. At the mo, i only have ds organise and moonshell but i will start adding.
Cheers.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for this list Urza, another good start of 2008
smile.gif

I was quite unimpressed by the DS homebrew, but thanks to this list, you've opened my eyes.
There are indeed some very nice homebrew apps/games for the DS available.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice list, i figured i'd seen most of the homebrew released but a couple of them apparantly snuck under my radar
smile.gif

that megaman thing looks and sounds fun as hell.... shame its not dldi compliant ;( and i was almost worried you werent going to add DScent to your list because i for one absolutely LOVE the way it plays and feels on the DS.

anywho, thanks for the list of stuffs to try out
smile.gif

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I really liked the article, a few games and apps I didn't know about that I have since downloaded.

What formats does DSreader support, anything other than txt?

I was a little disappointed to see the manic shmups on the list as they are GBA games and not everyone (like myself, waaaah!) has a slot 2 device.

Anyway, thanks for opening up some cool new games and apps to me
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I think DSReader supports just txt files.

It should also be noted that large ones may take a few seconds to load (there is no progress bar) and also the bookmark function doesn't work correctly if the filenames have spaces in them. so i recommend you delete spaces or replace them with underscores.

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No Colors??? I really have to disagree with that... I know it's a very small minority but there are some serious artists who have been doing some incredible stuff on it. Some have even bought a DS and a card just to use it. It may not have as many features as Phidias, but the features it does have are just *better*. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the best font is for DSReader?
haha, i wouldn't mind knowing your opinion on this at all
wink.gif
Personally I find this combo to be best: regular Arial font, size 10, standard style, black background. If you want to use something other than standard style, use subpixel with either medium or dark contrast. I read a several-hundred-page book comfortably with this config.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have most of those from before since I check out every single DS homebrew topic. I'd never heard of the other drawing app though (not Colors!), is there a topic about it on GBAtemp at all? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?