Homebrew Homebrew Discussion Thread

madie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - I am new here and this is my first post so please be kind (because I am truly lost here
unsure.gif
)

I just bought my girls a cyclods for Christmas (so luckily I have a little time) - it was very hard to find information on these items other then you can copy your ds games onto sd cards and there were a few options available. I (like a fool) figured that once I got it, it would tell me how - boy was I wrong! What I am trying to firgure out is how to put your games on your computer so you can make a 'backup' copy using the cyclods without a wifi connection - yep, I got dial up
blink.gif

So, basically, I have 2 ds's, 2 girls, numerous games, micro sd cards and a cyclods and absolutely no idea how to put it all together. So, does anyone out there know how to get a copy of the ds cames onto the computer without a wifi connection so that I can then use the cyclods to make the backup copies. Anyone???

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impossible with just the equipment you currently have. The only way would be to use wireless to dump the games to your PC (though I think that with a router you wouldn't need to be signed into the Internet to do so, as it's just transferring from the DS directly to the computer, not entirely sure though). Otherwise (and this is my recommendation) you can buy a 3in1 expansion pack off DealExtreme for $20 which you can then use Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool 3in1 version with. You dump the game 32 MB at a time with this tool.

In the meantime, you can put some homebrew games on the card and let them have some fun with them. I'd suggest looking into PocketPhysics.

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far does DS Hobro go? Across the United States (I wanted to turn on the server all vacation so I can use it from Miami, Its in Chicago)

Does it also work with wifi?

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure this is the right place to post this.. I can't get some homebrew to work for some reason. I've tried Keris Project and Touhou DS. But for each one it gives me a "guro meditation error". Does anyone know what it means?

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I can't get some homebrew to work for some reason. I've tried Keris Project and Touhou DS. But for each one it gives me a "guro meditation error". Does anyone know what it means?

If you are booting it through DS Organize that problem is bound to happen since DS Organize isn't good for launching homebrew of games through it. Just DLDI patch all your homebrew files with chism's DLDI patcher and the dldi file you need for your flash cart.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EpicPie said:
Zaiga said:
I can't get some homebrew to work for some reason. I've tried Keris Project and Touhou DS. But for each one it gives me a "guro meditation error". Does anyone know what it means?

If you are booting it through DS Organize that problem is bound to happen since DS Organize isn't good for launching homebrew of games through it. Just DLDI patch all your homebrew files with chism's DLDI patcher and the dldi file you need for your flash cart.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I was using a Supercard DS One. I thought the Supercard could auto DLDI patch?

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
EpicPie said:
Zaiga said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention I was using a Supercard DS One. I thought the Supercard could auto DLDI patch?

Supercard doesn't auto DLDI patch.

jozsua_cruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi....I just wanna request a game that the same as Bloons Tower Defense it doesn't have to really the same as that, more like a defense game where you can upgrade stuff at defend something....Thank you!!
smile.gif

benbenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I guess this is where I ask.
I was wondering if there's any working MSN application for the DS?

I tried Beup, but it doesn't work for me.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering if anyone can help here.

I've tried downloading Readmore but can't seem to get it to download, I've tried from the website but doesn't work. And I've also used moonbooks but it keeps on saying "file not found," I've also tried looking the GBAtemp downloads but couldn't find it. So, as you can guess I'm getting somewhat semi-frustrated.

So if anyone could upload via mediafire etc, I'd be bloody grateful.

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
What should I use to convert files to .cbds?

I need help playing Warcraft, in which folder should I place the maps?

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I view .txt files on NDS? I mean, independent text files in general. I have CycloDS Evolution.

What application do I need? Or am I forced to view it using in-game text viewer instead?

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid Q, but whats the difference of moonshell 2 and AKAIO? i have acekard 2i for my DSi, and i wanna use as much of the 4 GB as i can lol. Moonshell 2 is for like.. videos and etc im guessing?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
yeahitschris said:
stupid Q, but whats the difference of moonshell 2 and AKAIO? i have acekard 2i for my DSi, and i wanna use as much of the 4 GB as i can lol. Moonshell 2 is for like.. videos and etc im guessing?

Moonshell 2 is indeed a multimedia-centric firmware thingy. I'm using AKAIO right now and it's certainly a good enough alternative to the official firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.