Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DanTheManMS said:
I'm not sure how many people really realize this, but Colors is the first and ONLY application, homebrew or commercial that has EVER used the pressure sensitivity of the DS touchscreen (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've yet to see any - and even if one or two DO use it, they don't use it anywhere near as effectively as Colors does).

Just a quick note: as far as I know, you are correct. Commercial games in fact are incapable of using this pressure sensitivity due to a simple fact. The ARM7 controls the touchscreen, and the ARM7 for commercial games is supplied by Nintendo and cannot be modified by the third-party company. The Nintendo-supplied ARM7 only allows developers to determine whether the touchscreen is being touched or not; it doesn't report any sort of pressure at all, so developers cannot take advantage of it.

I think the prime hunters demo is pressure sensitive, If you lightly touch the option it won't select, But if you just regularly touch it it will select.
Perhaps at that point, Nintendo's ARM7 required more pressure to register a touch. That's my guess. Even still, commercial games are only allowed to use "touch vs no-touch" and not pressure sensitivity in the way Colors! does it.
um... what about Pokemon D/P you can bow in the touchscreen (or is it the mic... it says screen but I don't know...)

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wouldn´t the speed of the DSHoBro be faster, if it just worked (parallel to the INet Connection of course) via the W-Lan?
I mean, the pc loads sites and then sends them (with a certain program) to te DS?
Of course you could do this with the DS...
This way, the speed should be as fast as your Inet Connection allows it (e.g.: DSL 3000)...
Or is the DSHobro already using this feature?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what it already does (though slightly different to what you said). The server program on the computer goes and fetches the page, then takes a screenshot of it and sends that screenshot to the DS wirelessly. This way the DS only has to worry about decoding the image rather than decoding the webpage itself. When you click somewhere, it sends the coordinates to the server program which then does the actual click on the page.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded mp3 files via DSLinux before at much greater speeds than 8 kb/s. Just as a test, I downloaded a 4.6 MB mp3 file from OCRemix in 72 seconds for an average speed of about 64 kb/s. It would have been over 100 except that it froze temporarily near the end of the file, something that tends to happen when downloading files via DSLinux.

For most homebrew apps however, I usually max out at around 30 kb/s.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it is that powerful. Keep in mind that DSLinux uses slightly modified wifi drivers, so speed results from that can't really be compared to that of all other DS homebrew apps. With DSOrganize for instance I usually max out at about 10 kb/s, while with other apps like DSFTP my max is 30 kb/s. I did notice that certain security products *coughNORTONcough* tend to dramatically reduce the maximum speed with DSFTP and other apps that require a connection between a PC app and a DS app.

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
though beup is having some troubles with newly purchased DS consoles, the wifi driver the new DS Lites use seems to be different to the ones the older consoles come with (hope I got that right).
There seems to be a fix to that but it didn't really work for me.

RickBruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In fact i've been getting issues also. It can't seem to connect for some reason even tho all the infos entered are right.

Also, i'd kill for a web browser for the ds. I know DSOrganise has one but it keeps on getting that "fatal error" ... error..

I was wondering if there was any alternatives. I need to find a way to get on MSN while i'm on vacation so I can keep in touch with some people.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For web browsing: DSOrganize, Bunjalloo, DSHobro (requires PC-side server), and the browsers in DSLinux if you have slot-2 RAM. If you've got slot-2 RAM you can also use the official Opera browser.

I mostly use the DSLinux browsers for quick and casual surfing and the Opera browser when I must navigate with images (the DSLinux browsers are text-only, other than the buggy graphical version of Links).

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schaapje82 said:
I just downloaded a few of the apps to try them out but I can't the iPod-thingy to work. Well, actually, it DOES work, I CAN play music, but i do not see the button at the bottom screen and the text in the upper screen is pretty much unreadable... Anyone got a tip? The homepage is down so I can't go there for help.

The latest version of the Beta does that. You should try an early version that is not a Beta and the GUI should be perfect.

imbored

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any help for me with StayAliveDS's level 28 (strictly platforming). I've managed to get all but three, but that's only happened once. Anyway to skip it?

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, guys... I need geek help now.

I'm trying to move my general programming knowledge into something more practical by following a tutorial based around Libnds.

The default template makefile will turn your graphic files into object files for linking into
your program. Never include data as a header file.
The graphics must be in raw binary (.bin) format.

Sooo.... who can help out with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there