Hacking Homebrew disc loader

kubas88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi!
I just wanna ask if the HB disc loader supports the Wii NES emulator because i read that it may not support quake.

QUOTE said:
Programs like Quake, which depend on data files in the same directory as the program, may not work. At the moment, it is unclear whether and, if so, when this will be fixed.

And does it support DVD-RW's?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i agree.

what the hell?

the disc loader is for wii games. nes, snes, megadrive etc emulators can load games via dvd by burning roms for the emulator to DVD and selecting load from DVD at the emulator main menu...

but you just make no sense lol

kubas88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I read that homebrew which uses additional files aren't supported by the HB disc loader.
The NES emulator uses the roms and i'm asking it it will work.

EDIT:
I've tried to load a gba emulator from a DVD-RW but it said that maybe i haven't installed DVDx or my disc isn't a correct ISO9660 disc.
It's a old DVD-RW and maybe it's damaged

My sys menu is 3.2E

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dunno if it works by making two partitions on the disc but really, just get an SD card.. Or USB drive. Really.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Quake only supports files on SD, that's the reason it won't work if you burn it on DVD and use the Homebrew Disc Launcher

On the opposite, emulators support ROM Files on DVD but you obviously lose the ability to save games and configuration files if you don't have SD or USB device plugged in.

You need DVDx to be able to read DVD-/+R without a modchip and the disc must use ISO9660 file format. Beside that, there isn't much restrictions (DVD-/+RW seems to have a very picky compatibilty with DVDX so don't use them)

kubas88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And when wanna to save a game it will automatic save it on the SD?
The homebrew has to be burn in a directory on the DVD
for example E:/NesEmu/boot.dol
and the roms E:/roms
?

Sorry for so many questions but i don't wanna to waste DVD's.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Read the homebrew Disc Launcher documentation to know how to setup the dol files on DVD
ROMS can be put anywhere, emulators start browsing from the root of the DVD anyway
if you have a SD then emulators will be able to save on SD yes (seems logical), again read specific emulator documentations to know how to setup the SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...