Homebrew Homebrew Channel

uspolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I uninstalled CORPv3.4 and then updated homebrew channel through the channel it self. After that i installed CORPv3.4 and went back to homebew channel and noticed it was a mirror image and displaying backwords.

Can any one help?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
There are good reasons why the HBC try to prevent you from runnning itself from a modified IOS, mainly because they are using various tricks that have been tested on very specific versions and there are no garantuees that there won't be any problem or brick with modified/patched IOS... that's why trying to trick thr HBC and modifying its IOS afterwards is a bad idea, I guess reverting the screen is their way to inform you that you did something stupid...

Now, you should know that there are absolutely no good reason to patch all these IOS like CIOSCORP is doing: theorically, you only need to patch the IOS that are required by the games you are going to pirate and the IOS used by your system menu (IOS60 for 4.1, IOS70 for 4.2, etc...).

This leaves most IOS as being unused or only used by specific channels which have nothing to do with your "backups" and never will... IOS61, for example, is the IOS used by the Shop Channel, it's generally a good idea to leave it clean or to reinstall the original unpatched version before running the HackMii Installer so that HBC can use this IOS... just leave it like that, don't modify it anymore (again it's not needed by anything) and your HBC will be perfectly normal..

uspolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalling CIOSCORP helped with getting my homebrew channel back to normal. So another words I need to wait for a future release which is compaitable with the homebrew channel I am running (1.05)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: