Hacking homebrew channel v1.0.3

awsome8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have done what you said but when i turn on the wii, it comes up with somesort of menu which i can't control but i can get to the wii system menu by reseting it. can u help me on that one?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awsome8 said:
ok i have done what you said but when i turn on the wii, it comes up with somesort of menu which i can't control but i can get to the wii system menu by reseting it. can u help me on that one?

Use the power button to cycle through options, use the reset button to select an option.
You could also use a gamecube controller.

BootMii currently doesn't have Wiimote support.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
awsome8 said:
i think i will just delete the bootmii. thanks anyway for your help piratesmack
???

Why?

What's the problem? He's told you how to control it, if you want it to boot directly to the normal Wii menu then how about reading the instructions and editing the config file?

Having Bootmii installed is probably one of the best things you can have, it will protect you from pretty much anything you could do to brick your wii. Just take a NAND backup then edit the config file so it autoboots to the Wii menu and you won't even know its there, but you'll be glad of it when you do something wrong and your Wii goes tits up.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just rename the bootmii folder on your SD card after you've done a NAND backup.
Your Wii will boot straight into the System Menu like usual

And if you ever brick, you can rename the folder to "bootmii" again and restore your NAND.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it already popped up when you started up the system you already did a boot2 install. If you can load it from the homebrew channel by pressing home and selecting launch bootmii you have the ios version installed as well. Read the readme for it and then edit the config.ini file on the sd card to say autoboot=sysmenu (get rid of the # sign) and then set bootdelay=0 so it goes directly to the system menu.

Or just rename the bootmii folder. That'd actually probably be easier unless you want to have it autoboot to the homebrew channel. (Then you'd set autoboot=hbc in the config.ini ).

awsome8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so how do i restore the wii coz for some reason half of my virtual consol games went missing and i wann restore my wii. i went to the bootmii settings and chose the pic of the arrow pointing from the sd card to the wii but it said "can't find nand.bin"

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't have been illegal ones would they?

Cause if i remember right using that installer removes all pirated WiiWare titles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...