Homebrew Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Extract the ASH files, they are archives. You'll need to use this tool to do so: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ASH_Extractor

Inside, you should eventually be able to find some WADs. There may be some U8 archives within the ASH archive (these can have differing file extensions, often .app though). They can be extracted with something like UltimateU8 or U8Mii from this: http://showmiiwads.g...Tools%200.3.rar

(There's also a TPL tool in there if you need one, although the best is gxtexconv from libogc I believe)

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open the Ash extractor, a black box opens, then immediately closes.

EDIT: I found on another site to use it as a part of command line. I pointed the command line to the folder of where I put ASH and the ash files I wanted to extract and the command line returns with couldn't open file. Example: C:\"path"\DarkWii-pink 4.xU\ash\ ASH.exe setting.ash = couldn't open file. Also tried a command for ASH, example: "\ASH.exe extract setting.ash. Didn't return anything and saw no change.

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I got it figured out. Thanks again. Sorry for asking so many questions. I feel I kinda hijacked the thread a little bit. Thanks.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open the Ash extractor, a black box opens, then immediately closes.

EDIT: I found on another site to use it as a part of command line. I pointed the command line to the folder of where I put ASH and the ash files I wanted to extract and the command line returns with couldn't open file. Example: C:\"path"\DarkWii-pink 4.xU\ash\ ASH.exe setting.ash = couldn't open file. Also tried a command for ASH, example: "\ASH.exe extract setting.ash. Didn't return anything and saw no change.

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I got it figured out. Thanks again. Sorry for asking so many questions. I feel I kinda hijacked the thread a little bit. Thanks.

Glad you got it figured out. Honestly, I couldn't remember how I ended up doing it anyway. I remember being very confused during most of the process. And when I woke up, my pants were missing.

...yeah, about that last part...

*runs*

Anyway, slowly working on another for this Friday. Tomorrow is my daughter's 2nd birthday, so I'll have to finish it Thursday. >.< I don't know where my time keeps going, but I'll be thrilled when I can get more than one of these done in a week again.

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have stay within the size of the file? I just put a color overlay over everything from the theme and my theme stayed but , the app list reverted back to normal. any ideas?

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you got it figured out. Honestly, I couldn't remember how I ended up doing it anyway.
Apparently ShowMiiWads was the only app I needed. The extractor for ash files & converter for tpl files. What confused me first was the tpl folder only having 1 tpl image, I believe Sifjar explained the ash files. Then it was the matter of finding the image I needed & converting it.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have stay within the size of the file? I just put a color overlay over everything from the theme and my theme stayed but , the app list reverted back to normal. any ideas?

Image sizes MUST be EXACTLY the same as the originals (from the Classic theme in my tutorial if that helps). If not, then they won't load.

Sorry to say, but this week got away from me. I'll try to get a late update over the weekend, but my kids' birthday party is tomorrow.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I understand that this is a thread that is FAR from active...but I had to keep all my work in one place. So, without further ado...

CCCCCCCCCHRISTMAS BUMP REVIVAL!
Anywho, here's how things will be now. I'll gladly accept suggestions, and provide assistance when possible, but I can't promise a steady update schedule. I'll basically be posting themes when I have the opportunity at best.

But to celebrate the fact that I finally got around to making a new theme, I updated the first post with it! ENJOY! (Lets get the suggestions flowing again!)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while, but I've got a couple of themes incoming. Critter Crunch and a MegaMan classic theme. Just posting an announcement. I have to get the files together. (Currently at the office.)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newest theme, Critter Crunch, added to the first post. The Megaman theme I promised is currently only on my church's Wii, so I need to get it from there on Sunday. Look for it Monday!

I may not churn these out as fast anymore, but I think my quality is getting better! Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"