Homebrew Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that should be done is an almost aero like thing ...... what I mean is the titles on the hombrew should be knda transparent so you can still see the whole skin thats behind it

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you be able to do sports themes too?

Sure. Can't promise the best results since I haven't done any before, but I'll sure try.

one thing that should be done is an almost aero like thing ...... what I mean is the titles on the hombrew should be knda transparent so you can still see the whole skin thats behind it

Hmm, I'm not sure how good that would look since the font can't be changed, but I could try. I'll go back to one of my older themes and play with the idea. I'll post results when I find something I like (or find out it won't work, however it happens).

I NEED REQUESTS, IDEAS, AND SANDWICHES! (Feeling silly tonight.)
Street Fighter
Chrono Trigger
Batman
Castlevania

This post lacks my sandwiches. Lol. Great ideas though. I'll see what I can do. Still really busy this week, so I don't know if any will make this Friday. I will keep these in mind though.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I want to request Metroid: Other M
I made a wallpaper back in the day maybe you could work on it, I like it very subtle, with subdued colors, elegant, and sleek.

http://tinypic.com/r/iwt208/5

:)

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured the areo Idea would be kinda tough ...... I know nothing about programming or scripting , but couldnt a file be made that looks at the file in the homebrew that displays the files title and rearranges it or resets it ? what I mean is , the file in the homebrew apps says this is how to display title Xyz = Xyz (on hombrew channel) couldnt you write something that will look at that file and say display Xyz as Xyz ( with color 10% lighter color) or set it up so people can drop there own back round pic in , that should be a lot easier for you , and it makes it more costumizable for them

I hope that made sense

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

This should be relatively simple. If you look in a theme folder, you will see a meta.xml, an icon.png and a theme.zip. Inside that theme.zip there is a file called theme.xml, which contains something like this:

Code:
HBC Classic by drmr

The colour of the font is defined by this section of that file:

Code:

The last value (alpha) is the transparency of the text, with 255 being no transparency and 0 being completely transparent. So lower that value and the text will be faded.

If you want to get rid of the app buttons as well (show just text and/or icons), replace "apps_list.png", "apps_list_hover.png", "apps_grid.png" and "apps_grid_hover.png" with transparent PNGs of the same size.

For example, here is a modified version of the HBC Classic theme by drmr, with completely transparent buttons and lighter text:

gallery_171891_178_92177.png

Download: http://www.mediafire...0eubijc8nfkrhsw

EDIT: BTW, in this edit I used an alpha value of 180. Obviously lower would be less visible. Also, this screenshot is from ThemeShooter so it may look a bit different when actually on the Wii and displayed on a TV.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like that lol , and thanks for the info ..... I will have to save this topic, and re-read what you posted for the file here and give it a try

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inspired by your post, I made this little program : http://www.mediafire...eerdcafw172e8fv

It'll take any theme.zip and make it "aero" as I described in my last post. Basically it makes the app buttons (list and grid view) transparent, and changes the transparency of the text (value can be set in app). I call it Alpha-Tizer, here's a screenshot:

gallery_171891_178_7296.png

Sometime I may add the option to disable replacing the apps buttons (if you just want to change transparency of text) and perhaps previewing of text as well. Dunno if I'll ever get round to that though.

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inspired by your post, I made this little program : http://www.mediafire...eerdcafw172e8fv

It'll take any theme.zip and make it "aero" as I described in my last post. Basically it makes the app buttons (list and grid view) transparent, and changes the transparency of the text (value can be set in app). I call it Alpha-Tizer, here's a screenshot:

gallery_171891_178_7296.png

Sometime I may add the option to disable replacing the apps buttons (if you just want to change transparency of text) and perhaps previewing of text as well. Dunno if I'll ever get round to that though.

Not entirely sure why you used Megaupload, since Filetrip would be more suited for this file, but its still an interesting app. I look forward to playing around with it.

Sorry to say, but only the one release tomorrow. Like I said, busy week. But let me cover a few things addressed:

1) To drop your own backgrounds into these themes, or any of your own graphics for that matter, just name them the proper name (background_wide.png if its a widescreen background, appslist.png for the long apps buttons, etc.) and just drag it over the theme.zip file. It will automatically replace the old file of said name. Then just launch your theme from the Homebrew channel. If you go so far to do this, you can follow my tutorial to modify the entire theme and really make it your own. (Seriously, this is really easy to mess around with.)

2) Editing the theme.xml file is the easiest way to change the text alpha. You can't change the font, however, or how the font is interpreted by the channel. (At least with theme editing anyway.) I usually leave it 255 because it makes the text easier to read.

3) To do what was done without the app, simple make empty PNG images of the buttons, adjust the alpha for the font in theme.xml, then repack the theme the usual way.

I'll keep making themes the way I have been for sake of ease, but modifying on the user end of it is part of the fun! My tutorial will help if further information is needed. Just be sure to keep image dimensions proper, or the HBC will revert to the original files!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not entirely sure why you used Megaupload, since Filetrip would be more suited for this file, but its still an interesting app. I look forward to playing around with it.

I used MediaFire because I have used it before and its simple. Never uploaded anything to FileTrip and so completely forgot about it. I'll add it there later.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry it was a day late (Church's Fall Festival went great last night, btw), but Duck Hunt is up! Enjoy!

i use to play a lot that game

thanks for this theme

@SifJar

thanks for the Alpha-tizer

No problem. It's now updated to 1.1, here's the official thread: http://gbatemp.net/topic/312352-alpha-tizer/ (didn't want to hi-jack this one any further)

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. It's now updated to 1.1, here's the official thread: http://gbatemp.net/t...52-alpha-tizer/ (didn't want to hi-jack this one any further)

Thanks for that. It was feeling a little hijacked, but that's okay.

Working on what I can. Also job-hunting this week, so I don't know how much will get done. There WILL be at least one release this week, like every week. I promise.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest is up. Only one, and it isn't for a game! Haven't had time to do much, including test this newest theme to see if the text looked okay. I'll try to test it later today.

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did u extract images from mym? did u convert it to a wad or csm? i was wanting to do what u did w/ the dark wii purple, but with another dark wii theme.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how did u extract images from mym? did u convert it to a wad or csm? i was wanting to do what u did w/ the dark wii purple, but with another dark wii theme.

MYM = ZIP. Extract with any archive manager (7-zip is my personal preference). Images may be TPL, depending on the theme. There are plenty of tools around for converting TPL to PNG.

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only find one tpl and when extract it using show mii wads it is a black square thats 1x1, and everything is ash files and mym.ini

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: