XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Wtf, you can skin the homebrew channel?
wtf.gif
This is news to me.

I've been popping those damned bubbles all this time! >:(

Yup, and its a breeze to do too. There's some basic tutorials out there. Still a lot of figuring it out for yourself though. The bare basics are take a current theme (HBC Original is the easiest to start with), replace all the graphics with your own keeping the same sizes and png format, modify theme.xml for your text and loader bar colors, pack it into a theme.zip, have a meta.xml for the homebrew channel, and set it up and launch it like any homebrew.

I'll be writing a very detailed tutorial soon, though, if any of that becomes confusing. I've figured out some of the smaller details that mean all the difference in compatibility or not, and I'll be covering those in the tutorial.

An update on my progress:

Launching tomorrow:
Metroid
Mario (basic)
Mario 64

In current progress:
Star Wars (Light Side and Dark Side, fixing the errors I ran into before when I made these, and finishing some unfinished details.)
DarkWii Purple

Next Week's Primary Launch:
Zelda

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid, Mario, and Mario 64 are up. Check 'em out and let me know what you think/if they work for you! (Tested on my own Wii, so they should be fine.)

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bit rude of me, but could I possibly request a theme based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, MarcusRaven?

You should have site or small blog where you compile a list of the themes you made, unless you already have one and I missed it :P

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bit rude of me, but could I possibly request a theme based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, MarcusRaven?

You should have site or small blog where you compile a list of the themes you made, unless you already have one and I missed it :P

Not rude at all, man. Requests are the purpose of this topic. The first post is currently were the themes are being collected, but I may look into doing a blog post at some point. Gives me an excuse to check out the new blog system. ^_^ I'm using this as my hobby since I'm currently a stay-at-home dad, so having a lot on my list just gives me plenty to do. But it is still a list, so I can't promise WHEN I'll get to your request. Thanks for the support and check back on Friday for my next wave of releases. ^_^

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but my tutorial on making your own themes is up! Check it out here:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/310780-how-to-make-a-homebrew-channel-theme/

I'll add it to the first post too.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release Update:

Friday 10/14/2011 -
Zelda (Using Twilight Princess) - Dual Background
Star Wars (Both a Light Side and Dark Side)
????? (Mystery release)

The Worklist -
Battletoads
Mega Man Starforce (Another series I

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new themes look super slick, dude. Really love the bonus Mario one. Keep on pumping these out.

Thanks a lot. Still keeping up with my weekly release schedule. Just finished the Mario 3D one this morning. (My kids tend to distract me from this, but that's okay.) I've decided that the next dual background theme will be Donkey Kong Country. Check back next Friday! I'll be adding to the list until then! Keep requesting!

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey don't worry Marcus. We all appreciate the work. I think we are just waiting for all these awesome releases. DARK PURPLE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! Everything is looking great man.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey don't worry Marcus. We all appreciate the work. I think we are just waiting for all these awesome releases. DARK PURPLE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! Everything is looking great man.

Planning to finally finish Dark Purple for next week. A lot of it will be stuff from scratch, since there isn't a game I can pull stuff from. Lol. And I really hope that the Homebrew Channel gets updated at some point to allow background music for themes. If that ever happens I'm going to go back through and add music to all of these. ^_^

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried your Megaman zero theme and I gotta say it's awesome! Can't wait for the dark purple as that is my favourite colour.

Okay, so Dark Purple ended up being a purple recolor of the classic HBC Theme, with the DarkWii Purple background. It still looks really nice. Finishing up a couple things for this week's release. So far there's three that I'm posting.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest releases are up. Would have had them up earlier this morning, but the Temp went down for maintenance and I fell asleep while watching cartoons with my daughter. Lol. Better late than never!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a really busy week (Church Youth Group is running a fall festival, and I'm the Youth Director/Teacher), so I can't promise multiple releases this Friday. I finished Duck Hunt, though, so be looking forward to that.

I'm running out of ideas. Battletoads has a severe lack of resources, so I don't think I'll be able to work with that one. (Sorry.)

I NEED REQUESTS, IDEAS, AND SANDWICHES! (Feeling silly tonight.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D