Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDT: Okay, I guess I should've clarified, the update to the Homebrew Channel is included in the BootMii installer. Don't worry, if you don't want BootMii, you don't have to install it, it's just an all in one installer for the newest hacks from Team Twiizers. You simply choose which hacks you want installed, DVDx, BootMii and of course the Homebrew Channel (this package is great for noobs).

The DL: HackMii Installer

Okay, my favorite thing about this new update is the much needed ability to LAUNCH HOMEBREW FROM USB!!!! This is great for people like me who HATE dealing with SD cards as mine is fairly worn out. Now its the homebrew developers turn to implement this ability by allowing the support files for apps (such as maps and other files from Quake) to be loaded from USB too. If this was implemented, SD cards would become obsolete!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to update run the BootMii beta 1 Installer, and choose HBC, it's a new three-in-one installer for BootMii, HBC and DVDX on all system menus. You can choose which one(s) you wish to install

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why would they make it part of bootmii why would they do that? not everyone wants to use bootmii!
mad.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not part of bootmii, just there's now an all-in-one installer for BootMii, HBC and DVDX. You still choose the individual components you wish to install, so you can get HBC without BootMii no problem. Just select to install HBC and dont bother installing BootMii.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the HackMii installer app, run it, install HBC, then set up USB device as SD card is set up for Homebrew (i.e. Apps folder, with sub folders for each app inside, with XML and PNG inside along with .dol) then plug it in and run HBC. The homebrew on the USB device will show up.

Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
forbore said:
I hope that HBB will add support for USB!
biggrin.gif
yea that too. I hope that we can ultimately give all SD functions to USB too, that way we can use either, I'd rather throw all my emulators, roms, apps and homebrew games on my 149 gig partition of my HDD than try to cram them all on my tiny 2 gig SD card that rarely gets detected! XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: