Homebrew Apps/Games that save to root file on R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Bonegnawer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Bonegnawer
    OP

Bonegnawer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2008
    United States
    I use an R4. Somehow I feel this problem can be solved fairly easily and that I'm just a huge moron, so I decided to ask here.

I've been having this problem for a while, and it usually requires that I delete the DATA/ other save file that is in the root.

The problem is that when using a homebrew application or game (which I save in _system_/homebrew apps/file of homebrew thing) it tries to save in the root directory which means after I shut off my DS and turn it on it only shows a single folder called DATA, which I then have to open using my computer and delete.

Is there any way to thwart this? Thanks!

EDIT: Should this be moved to Homebrew Essentials?

2. Bonegnawer
    OP

Bonegnawer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2008
    United States
    any, um, ideas?

3. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    The _system_ folder is hidden in the R4 Menu by default.
    Move your homebrew folder to the root.

4. blainy

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia
    right click on the folder > click properties > click apply, making sure you apply the settings to the folder only, not its contents > now the folder should stop appearing in your menu list, but homebrew that requires it to save settings, player data, config files, can still use the folder......

its worth a shot, if all you are concerned about it the clutter caused by having a visible folder in your list

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice