Gaming Holy tits!!! C64 Channel to be added this month!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was mentioned back in December but nothing was mentioned since but VC-Reviews have just reported that Nintendo will add C64 to the VC.

"Whilst we did originally report on this way back in December (albeit a little sarcastically!) it appears the time has now drawn closer and this month in April we should see the first Commodore 64 game in the shape of Impossible Mission to join the ever growing Virtual Console catalogue.

For some this news will fill them with indifference but for retro nuts and open minded gamers this should be a welcome addition (even if C64 isn't a real console hehe)

As far as we can tell at the moment we will only be seeing Epyx's back catalogue as British publisher System 3 now owns the right to distribute them and have obviously become on such good terms with Nintendo that they have managed to get the C64 added to the system list the Virtual Console supports.

System 3 are busy making rehashed versions of Impossible Mission for the Wii, DS, PS2 and PSP. We expect to see California Games and The Last Ninja remakes soon too, this indicates the originals may be amongst the first C64 games we will see after Impossible Mission."

Original report here.

*Hopes many more will appear*

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Many many more will appear*

Bleh... I for one would like cheaper and better SNES & N64 games to come out instead of C64... what's next, Atari 2600?
Love to see some more SNES and N64 games, love to see them cheaper too! Would love some 2600 games H.E.R.O. is one of my favourite games, infact I'd love to see any console appear, even CDi. I'd love to see a huge wealth of games from all consoles, thats never a bad thing in my book.

Ok I would prefer it if we got compilations of perfect replicas of these games, it would be cheaper but meh.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Am I the only one that would like to see some of the 64DD titles released on VC? If they can do N64, there's no reason they couldn't put up the Mario Art Studio games.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I'd like to know if there's really anywhere we could go with that. It seems like the VC thing is pretty much a pure profit business, and they couldn't have made that much money on the original releases considering they abandoned it nearly right after it was released.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
c64 had some great games, but boy are they dated now. I cut my teeth on a vic 20 then got a c64. Vic 20 had you loading games off a frigging cassette tape. That was like bluray back then lol.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So are these game going to have wifi or leader boards? if not then whats the point
dry.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This website didn't cite who told them this. False.
This site has been very reliable, often getting news of VC updates before anyone else. They're not one of those sites that claim false stuff. Also Epyx told them that they plan to do some C64 for VC around April-June, think everyone reported this late last year.

So believe what you like
nyanya.gif

EDIT: Just fount this link from the Norway Nintendo site http://www.nintendo.no/templates/05.asp?sida=783

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some great C64 games were made. They look dated now but are as playable as ever. A lot of the C64 games now the copyright holder of the game has given you permission to download them. So their technically freeware. If nintendo are charging points to download them they are ripping people off.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo were responsible for getting Great Giana Sisters taken off the shelves originally for looking too much like super mario. If you have the original C64 game now they're worth around £50 as not many were sold before it was pulled. I never believed it was like super mario until I played it, it looks identical to super mario the only difference is your a woman
laugh.gif

I can see many Epyx games being released. They did a lot of sports games like summer games and winter games that were real joystick wigglers. I would like it if you could use the competition pro USB joystick on the wii to play these type of games. Using a controller makes it impossible to play some of the games.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some great C64 games were made. They look dated now but are as playable as ever. A lot of the C64 games now the copyright holder of the game has given you permission to download them. So their technically freeware. If nintendo are charging points to download them they are ripping people off.
In my opinion the best C64 games are just as good as the best NES. Some stuff Thalmus did was amazing, espcially the Creatures games. Some later C64 games were great and some developers are still doing some pretty good stuff with the C64 especially the excellent "Newcomer".

It would be very bad of Nintendo if they charge the same as NES games, especially as most C64 games were fairly cheap when released! But then its bad that they charge so much for Pinball NES.

*Preys for Amiga VC*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: Hi i was wondering where i can download a fresh istall for the mii maker on wii u (EU). The...