JHPa3.jpg

Everything you see, you can travel to. o__o

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sense of scale = godly. Yeah, since you can go practically anywhere, the amount of fun to be had is quite possibly endless. Also Mile High Club achievement.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn it, I knew consoles were getting long in the tooth (last year Risen demonstrated that very well) but that is crazy.
Time for a spell of upgrading I think.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Remembered that the last one was also quite big, but this is just another step further!
I'll wait for a few reviews though, this scale of map makes me think about bugs and a boring world.
GTA IV wasn't that big at all, but there was something to do everywhere.
You can make a world very big, but you have to make sure there is something to do everywhere!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
not that big from other maps like oblivion's map is 41km, far cry 2 map is 50km though!
QUOTE(Satangel @ Apr 6 2010, 11:49 AM) You can make a world very big, but you have to make sure there is something to do everywhere!
Most of Far Cry 2 is just walking around... Get's old really fast.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with big maps being boring and while you do have a fast travel system the game is otherwise sorely in need of a ultra fast manual method (turn right at the mansion you start at you will hit an airstrip to get a fast plane a few locations over) once you get a bit of military attention added it works very well.

About the worst thing that can happen is you splash down in the ocean with no ships around and have to swim a bit.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty fun to screw around in but, I enjoy it more when there are enemies and civies together because i just hop on a civ car, shoot crap, enemy bike pulls up, steal it with ALT, drive off into the majestic sunset with my hair blowing in the wind and with an erection.

Fun game.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is anyone playing this game with an ATI card? After playing for some minutes (maybe 5), my computer simply turns off (others say that the game just crashes). This happened with the demo, but I lowered the settings and could play normally. Now, with the full game, I tried lowering the settings, tried 2 cracks from RELOADED and 1 crack and 1 DLC from SKIDROW, tried uninstalling Daemon Tools and SPTD driver, tried ATI 9.11 and 10.3 drivers, checked the temps, defraged the HD, ran CHKDSK... Nothing fix it.

Specs
Windows 7 64bit PT-BR
C2D E8400 3.0GHz
4GB DDR2 800
ATI HD 4850
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
Corsair HX450W

All other games work normally.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is a Corsair HX450W. (I'll update the previous post)
I built this computer.

After more testing, I found that it was actually overheat. This computer is only a little more than 1 year old, but the thermal paste was in a terrible state. It was dried and not making good contact. I cleaned everything and change the thermal paste, now, the temps are better than when it was new.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill