Hardware Hmmm... is this 3DS NTSC or PAL?

Kenneth196

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. So I recently purchased a N3DS XL on eBay. Confirmed with the seller of what the serial number is (QW1035), so hopefully it'll be 9.2 or below, according to the compiled serial number list of N3DS.

This is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintend...W-/321732240446?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

And here is the serial number list: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

According to the serial number he gave me, it appears to be a U.S. 3DS XL (and form the box art as well). However, in the item's description, it states PAL, which may have just been an error on his end.

Can someone advise on if it's NTSC or PAL? I'm hoping NTSC.

Thanks!

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lol gotcha. It's sealed in box so I can't ask for a screenshot unfortunately but thanks for the clarification!

Sold from Ohio, so probably NA? I'm not sure if different regions have different packaging, but the one shown in the picture is the same packaging as a N3DSXL I bought from an american Gamestop.

edit: it also says Region Code: Pal in the description, although...

Reactions: Kenneth196

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lol gotcha. It's sealed in box so I can't ask for a screenshot unfortunately but thanks for the clarification!

New 3DS boxes are not sealed at all. They can say "new in box" but no reseller is sealing them at all out of the gate. If it is sealed, the seller is the one that sealed it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks guys. Not sure why the description states PAL but ah well B-)
yeah thats the US packaging, all the EU consoles are in white packaging except the limited edition consoles.....the "PAL" region thing was likely just the seller choosing the item from the ebay "item catalog" but not choosing the NTSC(US) model.....you see lots of listing like that where the description say FAULTY/BROKEN but the ebay description say brand new etc........tbh i think ebay needs to do away with the "item catalog" feature it makes listing inconsistent for new comers who don't realize that the top bit was just something ebay adds to the listing automatically if the seller chooses the item from the item catalog instead of manually making the listing

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask the eBay seller for more details.

If the eBay seller doesn't respond and you're not comfortable purchasing from a non-responsive eBay seller, don't buy. Anything else is like buyer beware...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo