Hmmm... is this 3DS NTSC or PAL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kenneth196, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Kenneth196
    OP

Kenneth196 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Hi all. So I recently purchased a N3DS XL on eBay. Confirmed with the seller of what the serial number is (QW1035), so hopefully it'll be 9.2 or below, according to the compiled serial number list of N3DS.

This is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintend...W-/321732240446?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

And here is the serial number list: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

According to the serial number he gave me, it appears to be a U.S. 3DS XL (and form the box art as well). However, in the item's description, it states PAL, which may have just been an error on his end.

Can someone advise on if it's NTSC or PAL? I'm hoping NTSC.

Thanks!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Handhelds aren't Pal or NTSC ;)
    If you want to be sure of the region you should ask for a screen shot of the system version I guess?

Kenneth196 likes this.
  3. Kenneth196
    OP

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Oh lol gotcha. It's sealed in box so I can't ask for a screenshot unfortunately but thanks for the clarification!

4. Dragaan

Dragaan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2015
    United States
    California
    Sold from Ohio, so probably NA? I'm not sure if different regions have different packaging, but the one shown in the picture is the same packaging as a N3DSXL I bought from an american Gamestop.

edit: it also says Region Code: Pal in the description, although...

Kenneth196 likes this.
  5. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    it's USA region

Kenneth196 likes this.
  6. Kenneth196
    OP

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Thanks guys. Not sure why the description states PAL but ah well B-)

7. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

New 3DS boxes are not sealed at all. They can say "new in box" but no reseller is sealing them at all out of the gate. If it is sealed, the seller is the one that sealed it.

Kenneth196 likes this.
  8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah thats the US packaging, all the EU consoles are in white packaging except the limited edition consoles.....the "PAL" region thing was likely just the seller choosing the item from the ebay "item catalog" but not choosing the NTSC(US) model.....you see lots of listing like that where the description say FAULTY/BROKEN but the ebay description say brand new etc........tbh i think ebay needs to do away with the "item catalog" feature it makes listing inconsistent for new comers who don't realize that the top bit was just something ebay adds to the listing automatically if the seller chooses the item from the item catalog instead of manually making the listing

SmileCitrus and Kenneth196 like this.
  9. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    Ask the eBay seller for more details.

If the eBay seller doesn't respond and you're not comfortable purchasing from a non-responsive eBay seller, don't buy. Anything else is like buyer beware...

Kenneth196 likes this.
  10. Graham182

Graham182 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2015
    Droichead Na Bandon, Cork, Ireland
    It does say "Plays nintendo 3ds games sold for the americas only" on the back of the box.