Hmm, well I'm gonna be quitting my job.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As some of you know, (from previous blogs or whatever) I work at a fast food joint known as Wendys. For almost 4 years now, I have not only been a loyal employee, but I could also be classed as a lapdog. Someone told me that someone blew a nicely orchestrated gastric fluid montage all over the women's restroom, I would ask for my position to be covered, and have it cleaned up in less than 5 minutes. Someone throws an entire industrial sized toilet paper up their ass to wipe, I have to be the one to unclog it. Manager has a problem with their personal life? I have to stay 3 hours later so they can take care of said problem over the phone.

I get paid 7.75 to serve anybody, and any whim. Not only did I get started at 7.00 when minimum was a 6.25, but I did not receive compensation when it was raised to 7.25 two years later. I get .10 raises every half year. I was making 15 cents more than someone who just got hired. I am a loyal employee, and I'm the one that get's screwed.

Onto our store's current problems. We cannot hold new employees. We had one of our best employees quit just Monday. He had been there for only 6 months and he was considered the best on day shift (besides the management). Then we had one of our new hires just walk out on us, and in the process cursing the GM's name, and with every motion, flipped him inappropriate gestures. I understand why he did it too. They expect you to grow 4 extra arms, and 2 extra legs. They expect you to perform management hours and on the same level of productivity... Just 25 minutes after being hired. It's bullshit. We are the second busiest store in the district, and the first has never had this problem. We also have double the amount of complaints as the busiest store, and all the stores combined is just about equal to our complaints.

Let me show you what I typed up for my two weeks.

Dear Management,

I thank you for your time and patience for putting up with me.
As a long time employee, I have seen more changes in
Management than I care to admit, and I have seen many of
my comrades of the fry table fall to the tests of time and stress.
Though I'm proud to have outlasted many, I too have an end.
Many of us have our shortcomings, but when we band together
and play as a team, we are not only steadfast, but unstoppable
in our aspirations. However, some of us do not want to be part
of the team. Some of us would sell each other out for very little.
This not only compromises friendships and trust, but prevents
productive attitudes, impedes labour, and harbors mistrust.
I for one cannot work in such a work environment. I've put up
with it out of respect for the grieving and the troubled. No longer
though. We cannot keep new employees to replace the ones we
drive away, and I cannot continue. Thank you again for the great
times, memories, and the useful experiences that only being an
employee to a fast food chain can bring. I've learned a lot by
doing, and even more from listening and watching. I appreciate
all the friends I have made, and kept in my time here.

Final Date: --/--/----

Employee #5,
Sterling --

Wednesday night was the last straw. One of my managers and close friends has also had enough. I also have a job offer across the street. So, I will be turning in my notice when my friend lets the DM know.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good for you, throwing off the shackles of some crappy job
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Lol, one of the requirements for work is that they don't fuck you over.

Put "Got fucked over by Wendy's" on your CV. I dare you.
CV?

Sheaperd121 said:
I hope you find a better job soon!
I should. I'm fairly adept at speaking English clearly, and concise. One of my strongest qualities. I'm also a fairly fast learner too.

QUOTE(Narayan @ Mar 4 2011, 05:01 AM)
so it was the change of management or something?
Nah, the change in management was actually a good thing for the store. What was bad was when the GM fucked up his own life, and started taking it out on his employees. I respected him enough to keep a stiff upper lip and continue with a smile.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Argentum Vir said:
Sheaperd121 said:
I hope you find a better job soon!
I should. I'm fairly adept at speaking English clearly, and concise. One of my strongest qualities. I'm also a fairly fast learner too.

good to hear that.

Argentum Vir said:
QUOTE(Narayan @ Mar 4 2011, 05:01 AM)
so it was the change of management or something?
Nah, the change in management was actually a good thing for the store. What was bad was when the GM fucked up his own life, and started taking it out on his employees. I respected him enough to keep a stiff upper lip and continue with a smile.

this on the other hand is sad, one man managed to ruin a good group.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
this on the other hand is sad, one man managed to ruin a good group.
Very. He is but a shell of a man, and I understand why. It's the very reason I never take his shit personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can