History of Hacking: Spyro 3, Year of the Dragon

Radhew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone! I hope this isn't too out of nowhere but I made a video on Spyro: Year of the Dragon's crack detection and thought you all might be interested in it:

It's mostly just already existing knowledge but I tried to make it as comprehensive as I could. Hopefully it's informative!

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fascinating, eloquent and well-produced video! Kudos!

Didn't realise I'd already watched your 3DS hacking video in the past. You've got another subscriber from me!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, so the game was programmed to introduce random glitches and bugs if it detected it was a pirate copy. And so (presumably) make people stop playing and buy a legit version.
But wouldn't a lot of people just assume the bugs and glitches are simply bad coding and drop the game altogether?
Yeah I know there's the "your copy might be pirated and it might cause errors" warning, but still.
I mean, listening to the bugs you're listing, doesn't seem that much different than the bugs you encounter in launch day games today :lol:

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be fair a legit copy shipped with bugs not allowing you to 100% the game (gems that can't be reached that spawn in clouds above the level, eggs that you can't get)
Seems they were probably a little to preoccupied to ap protection then bug testing, the bugs were fixed with a v1.1 disc release

Last edited by Joe88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1