History of Hacking: Spyro 3, Year of the Dragon

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Radhew, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Radhew
    OP

Radhew Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    Hey, everyone! I hope this isn't too out of nowhere but I made a video on Spyro: Year of the Dragon's crack detection and thought you all might be interested in it:

It's mostly just already existing knowledge but I tried to make it as comprehensive as I could. Hopefully it's informative!

Dodain47, D4X, Veho and 2 others like this.
  2. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    *slow*

*clap*

*clap*

*clap!*

3. D4X

D4X Ultra 64

Sep 9, 2016
    Australia
    Fascinating, eloquent and well-produced video! Kudos!

Didn't realise I'd already watched your 3DS hacking video in the past. You've got another subscriber from me!

4. Souperman9

Souperman9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne
    Cool! I watched your first video when it came out and was hoping for another one!

5. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Okay, so the game was programmed to introduce random glitches and bugs if it detected it was a pirate copy. And so (presumably) make people stop playing and buy a legit version.
    But wouldn't a lot of people just assume the bugs and glitches are simply bad coding and drop the game altogether?
    Yeah I know there's the "your copy might be pirated and it might cause errors" warning, but still.
    I mean, listening to the bugs you're listing, doesn't seem that much different than the bugs you encounter in launch day games today :lol:

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    to be fair a legit copy shipped with bugs not allowing you to 100% the game (gems that can't be reached that spawn in clouds above the level, eggs that you can't get)
    Seems they were probably a little to preoccupied to ap protection then bug testing, the bugs were fixed with a v1.1 disc release

Last edited by Joe88, Apr 7, 2019
  7. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I really enjoyed watching your videos! I´m looking forward to more videos covering the background of gaming!

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.