XP
Country
United States
rauthelegendary said:
QUOTE said:
Sony's boss

'Nuff said.

QFT

Yeah, Nintendo's competitor unimpressed by the competition's hardware. That response was totally unexpected.
rolleyes.gif

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The same thing with motion controls, Microsoft did try do something "else" with there no controller at all! (not sure what I think of the final product it does look kinda wii 2004 with no Mario!). But Sony go for the 1 on 1 copy ....
frown.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Did Sony develop any software for the 3DS?
No? Then they need to shut their mouths.

The 3d effect is just the draw, kind of like R.O.B. for the NES. Behind the gimmick you've got a powerful system with lots of new technology available, with a promising selection of launch titles.
Exactly this. Most people following the 3DS online haven't even seen the 3D feature yet they still want the system. I can honestly say I don't really care for the 3D(I haven't even seen any of the current movies in 3D) but it will be cool to see some effects in 3D on a handheld for the first time.

But maybe Hirai was mostly just talking about the 3D feature and not the handheld as a whole?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GentleFist said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Why do they still bother saying bad stuff about Nintendo's newest products? Everything Nintendo produces becomes popular, Sony steals the technology, marks theirs as being better, and tries to profit a little from it. They have never been right about anything they say about one of their rival companies, and just try mocking them all in the vain hope someone won't buy said product, just because THEY say it's bad...
do you expect a companys boss to say that the product of another company is better than their own?
when they are asked about what they think about this product and that product they have to defend themselves somehow~
You seem to misunderstand the process of 'defending'. It doesn't mean: directly attacking the other company by saying all their products suck. It means that they should say something like: "that idea will most likely not be very good" or "the world is not ready for this yet".

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would be a hell of a lot easier to respect Sony if their response to their competitors products was more along the lines of "well, that's cool; but [insert plan] is how we think our customers want us to make games for the time being, so this is what we're going to do... ...".

But attacking the products? Damn, Sony. Not that it wasn't unexpected given their history, but why don't they ever learn?

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
Did anyone watch Sony's E3 media briefing?
That fat guy kept ripping into Nintendo.
I don't understand why a company that isn't actually doing very well in the gaming world at the moment keep dissing the company that's doing best.
that 'fat guy" jack tretton was funny, but every game journalist said the same thing as kaz hirai, maybe the big N is tweaking the crap out of the 3ds to make to make better then what was shown at e3 who knows

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Jack Tretton has had his own BS quotes over the years, including:

QUOTE said:
If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it.

He's the stupidest of the bunch, the fat bastard.

Whats his email? He owes me $1,200's. I want it in 1 dollar bills.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
In summary:

- Nintendo strikes back for the 3D on his third attempt.
- Sony, which is deeply involved in this technology, wants money.
- Let´s Nintendo let people "WHOA" to fall in love with this technology.
- Sony continues to release simulated 3D games (nothing comparable to the quality of real 3D) for people, fascinated with 3DS, buy your Sony Bravia and 3D titles.
- Then, in the E32011. they show PSP2 with 3D, Full HD and Cell with 4 cores.

glare.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:

Yeah, because the population needs 4 cores (or 7 in the PS3's case) to run multiple programs on a "gaming" system. Seriously, if anything, Sony is the one just "throwing out" technology because it is there, not Nintendo. Remember 1st generation PS3 games? They could only utilize 1-2 of the 7 cores because no one knew how to work with them. That number has increased obviously since then, but even now they can't take advantage of all of them. If the PS3 was so vastly superior, then how can there be so many of the same titles also running on the XBox 360?

At least Nintendo uses technology that can be utilized as soon as it is released.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Juanmatron said:

Yeah, because the population needs 4 cores (or 7 in the PS3's case) to run multiple programs on a "gaming" system. Seriously, if anything, Sony is the one just "throwing out" technology because it is there, not Nintendo. Remember 1st generation PS3 games? They could only utilize 1-2 of the 7 cores because no one knew how to work with them. That number has increased obviously since then, but even now they can't take advantage of all of them. If the PS3 was so vastly superior, then how can there be so many of the same titles also running on the XBox 360?

At least Nintendo uses technology that can be utilized as soon as it is released.

Some of it has to do with the SDKs they give to developers.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
DiscostewSM said:
Juanmatron said:

Some of it has to do with the SDKs they give to developers.

Exactly why I said Sony is the one "throwing out" technology.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TM2-Megatron said:
Jack Tretton has had his own BS quotes over the years, including:

QUOTE said:
If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it.

He's the stupidest of the bunch, the fat bastard.
If he really meant that, and I had known beforehand, I would be a billionaire by now!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DiscostewSM said:
Yeah, because the population needs 4 cores (or 7 in the PS3's case) to run multiple programs on a "gaming" system.
No, they need it to run multiple tasks within the same program (or game, in this case).

DiscostewSM said:
Remember 1st generation PS3 games? They could only utilize 1-2 of the 7 cores because no one knew how to work with them. That number has increased obviously since then, but even now they can't take advantage of all of them.
Two words: future-proof
wink.gif

Overlord Nadrian said:

If he really meant that, and I had known beforehand, I would be a billionaire by now!

Tycho and Gabe of Penny Arcade took him up on his word, but he backed out of it. Surprise surprise
rolleyes.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exangel said:
granville said:
I love the PS1 and PS2, but seriously, i give absolutely no praise to Sony the company. They're serious jackasses, the holy grail of facepalms. And if it makes me a fanboy to hate on a hypocritical, hating, devious company, then that's a title i'll proudly wear.

I wholeheartedly agree. Maddox has an opinion on this too. I have to say, a company that destroys one of their vendors (Lik-Sang!) for giving them more business when they are already reporting losses, has totally got their heads up their ass and infatuated with the smell.

Imo if it wasn't for Lik Sang, the PS1 and PS2 would have sold half as many units as they did in the end. Not to mention the PS2 had hardware defects right from the get go.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
spinal_cord said:
It's a hand held system, almost everyone is going to hold it in about the same position anyway, about 1 foot in front of your face.
And you aren't allowed to tilt it. So you can't use the tilt sensor.
Hm, I hadn't thought of that but that's a very good point. Before E3 I remember a thread where we were worried about the distance you can get from the screen before losing the effect as well. I'm definitely going to wait for reviews of some real games before making a call on whether this is a good idea or not. Maybe Sony have been working on it for handhelds and have had trouble with it, it sounds like Nintendo may have accepted some flaws in the technology that Sony won't but if that doesn't bother the customer base then good on Nintendo for giving it a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...