Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
morrisseyshair said:
TM2-Megatron, it's business. Competitors can't go around praising each other.

It's not just "one way or the other". Not bashing your competitors isn't the same thing as praising.... there are a lot of conditions in between.

And as I said, business can be done in a classy way, or a stupid and arrogant way. I've seen examples of both, and definitely prefer the former. Ultimately, it also yields more success in the long-run.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I think sony hates nintendo since SE started to make quite a lot New games for ds/wii instead of one of their products

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
I think sony hates nintendo since SE started to make quite a lot New games for ds/wii instead of one of their products
srly?

thats why they made / making these then?

FF I & II anniversary editions (remakes)
the 3rd birthday
FF crisis core
KH birth by sleep
FF agito XIII
Dissidia FF
FF tactics war of the lions
star ocean first departure
star ocean second departure
valkyrie profile lenneth

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
mezut360 said:
It's business.

Then Sony has a very unprofessional way of "doing business". Why can people not understand that "it's business" isn't a defense for a lack of common courtesy or respect? People who succeed in business exhibit these traits, even if they're faking them.

G

GentleFist

21062010052.jpg

Sony not classy? I think theres nothing wrong with what he said.
It is defending a company and you have to be a little bit aggressive as a competitor.

No real leader will say the others are better.~

And take a look at my picture, yes the super nintendo was awesome.

Yes the DS is awesome.

But you forgot that PS and PS2 are awesome too.

And how can you say Sony isn't classy when they produce Sony Bravia TVs~

just my two cents... yea im stupid since its a ninti fanboy forum
i love the ds too but im also a sony fanboy

Edit: my dragonball poster is pretty cool isn't ^^?

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GentleFist said:
GentleFist said:
Sony not classy? I think theres nothing wrong with what he said.
It is defending a company and you have to be a little bit aggressive as a competitor.

And take a look at my picture, yes the super nintendo was awesome.

Yes the DS is awesome.

just my two cents... yea im stupid since its a ninti fanboy forum

No one said that PS and PS2 isn't awesome ... but people are complaining about the way Sony does business, which is mention on top ^^^

As for:

QUOTE said:

That's completely reversed ... I know Sony works on reversed psychology, but this doesn't sounds right. if this is the case, I doubt Obama would get elected ._.

QUOTE said:

I don't really understand why is Sony classy when they produce Bravia? Just 'cos it's expensive? Seriously, the only Sony products I bought was its mobile phone and vaio. The rest, nope.

QUOTEjust my two cents... yea im stupid since its a ninti fanboy forum

It just happens that this forum is called GBA ... Temp, but it doesn't really mean the people here are against Sony. As a matter of fact, people here dislike Sony's arrogance, that's all.

Kinda agree with this one. Oh, and nice speaker (Halloween series I suppose( and guitar you have there!

G

GentleFist

haha i put that on the speaker for halloween myself~

actually i don't think sony tvs are expensive~
mine is from the essential series and that ones aren't expensive compared to other brands~
and by the way it weighs under 20 kilos

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is really the most amazing piece of non-news ever. Did anyone actually expect him the say "The 3DS is fantastic! It's really fucked up our handheld plans, that's for certain!"?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
23qwerty said:
Oh, to the people who keep saying that Sony copied the Wii.
Not true, Sony has had a patent for what is now known as Move since 2004. Long before the Wii was announced.

Firstly, games companies patent everything and everything, the big decision is what to actually release. Nintendo made that decision, Sony rubbished it and then caved in and did likewise.

Secondly, when do you think Nintendo started working on the Wii, when they announced it?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GentleFist said:

Hirai is an idiot, and not a "real leader"; so I don't get your argument. Do you not understand there are more than just 2 options of things for him to say?

GentleFist said:

Nobody's debating that... but those were years ago, and Sony these days is behind, and they're allowing it to make them resort to cheap mudslinging "business" tactics that, tbh, don't work worth shit.

QUOTE(GentleFist @ Jun 21 2010, 07:54 AM)

Bravia is overrated, and overpriced for what they are. Sorry, but there are better TVs out there.

G

GentleFist

TM2-Megatron said:
Bravia is overrated, and overpriced for what they are. Sorry, but there are better TVs out there.

actually you're probably right about hirai~ he's probably got nothing to do with the TVs
since hes probably just for the vidya games~

but you probably don't know much about TVs / are using a CRT

don't get me wrong I'm not saying sony tvs are the best
but they are on the top with samsung etc~

its not about the brand actually its about the models samsung, lg, panasonic etc have superb models too

and sony has a lot of top models

and there are tvs with different price classes and sony definitely has a good price performance ratio~

believe me i did my research and compared prices before i bought a tv~

E: sorry i guess im going off topic here~ wont post in this thread anymore

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GentleFist said:
but you probably don't know much about TVs / are using a CRT

I haven't used a CRT as a main television for years (though I keep one for watching SD content for which there's no HD option, as I think upscaling looks terrible). Though a professional CRT HD display can give a damn crisp image, if you've ever seen one (not that they're common).

My current TV is a Samsung UN46B8000, 240Hz, 1080p LED HDTV. I'd think before you talk out of your ass next time. I don't buy Sony because I believe their products are overrated, and I don't really care for much of it. The Bravia line, like much of Apple's products, rely on a consumer's perception of the company's image for sales. Yes, they have good performance as well; but it's not, in most cases, better than the competition as they'd like to have you believe.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
As expected, Sony's boss Kaz Hirai is nowhere near impressed with Nintendo's new handheld, the 3DS. It's too high maintenance for him, he says.

Talking with FT, Hirai expressed his opinion that bringing that particular technology to a handheld is ill-suited.Not to mention, there are a whole array of issues pertaining to the development of 3D handheld displays itself.

QUOTE said:
"We want to make sure we get it right as opposed to being there first and - with portables - ther's still a lot of tweaking that needs to happen from a research and development perspectie,"he said.

QUOTE"We've looked at a lot of the current technologies available and all of them have an issue of perception where you have to hold the console in exactly the right place to get the 3D effect and it's a bit of a challenge to maintain that 3D perspective."

Sounds like he's just hating on it, though. What do you think? Does he have a point regarding those little humps along the 3D handheld development?

Source
/me slaps Sony around a bit with a large trout
Just because Nintendo's E3 was hell better than yours...
dry.gif
he just wants to find a way he can be a whiny bitch

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well Hirai i'm unimpressed by the ps3 to me it's just an overpriced blu ray player than plays generic shooters and tries and fails to be a computer so fuck you!

Sony is getting more and more laughable by the day. They insult everyone, shit on other products, steal the products they shat upon, and then shit on the product they stole some more pretending they are better at it. They also insult gamers by mocking the people who buy the other products. That's essentially what they do with Nintendo all the time, insult the people who play it as "not real gamers."

And they were always like that. It's just now starting to come back to haunt them as they've slipped up lately. At least at one time, there was a valid reason they were top dog and didn't even NEED to taunt others. But now they've had to settle for a runner up spot in terms of gaming (if not third place). When you get to that point and still think you have a right to tout your dick around, there's something wrong with your business. And i'm insulting a game company which i personally enjoy too. I loved the PS1 and PS2, but there's no doubt that the company is slimy lying arrogant narcissists. Seems all they can do lately is mud sling. It's getting old and pathetic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans