Hacking High Chance that the N3ds xl will release with a firmware lower than 9.2

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't messed with the dev menu yet, but aren't some themes or DLC region locked?

I think it's the downloading of the DLC that's region locked (due to eshop access). But if you have the dump (ex cia) then installing it shouldn't be a problem. Can someone please confirm this?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping that the MM LE n3ds were produced at the same time as the regular colors.
As i have that one preordered and would hate to see it come with 9.3> and have to trade it for a plain color n3ds :(.

Gonna wait till i get confirmation before i open it however. Gonna be stressed out until the Feb 10th-13th lol. Hopefully someone gets the system early and can confirm the firmware on it.

Reactions: Margen67

obs123194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping that the MM LE n3ds were produced at the same time as the regular colors.
As i have that one preordered and would hate to see it come with 9.3> and have to trade it for a plain color n3ds :(.

Gonna wait till i get confirmation before i open it however. Gonna be stressed out until the Feb 10th-13th lol. Hopefully someone gets the system early and can confirm the firmware on it.

I think MM LE n3ds would be an exception. Isn't the game pre-loaded on the console?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think MM LE n3ds would be an exception. Isn't the game pre-loaded on the console?

Not for the U.S. its preloaded only in the U.K.
Honestly, i got it because its the same price as the plain ones, so i thought might as well (Plus i like the design better than the plain colors).
But if it ends up impossible to install GW on, gonna be weird trading in a L.E for a plain one in store lol.

Umm i dont think so. I believe its like a fake icon that prompts you to download it from the eshop when clicked. Thats how nintendo does most of their bundled software.

LOL! Hello Paper Bro.
Thieving around GBAtemp like your lil bro? :D

EDIT:
had to reestablish my nerd cred.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't want to assume how he got it. I want to KNOW how he got it lol
I'm surprised no one has asked him to backup Majora's Mask and upload it ;)

EDIT
He just posted a pic of him downloading Majora's Mask. Where can I get one of those download codes at? haha

http://instagram.com/p/x5COuKQrrH/
It's simple, he's a "reporter" and/or blogger with a good sized following.

It's all about PR and building hype for Nintendo, they've sent the press pre-release games and consoles for decades.

Want free Nintendo games and consoles? You only need to prove that you work for a popular site or have a popular youtube account with a solid following.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow and the only themes I've seen were european ones dumped... maybe I should keep my aussie 3ds xl. Does anyone know if a european copy of smash 3ds xl can link to a NA wii u running smash bros?
The place you've seen with the complete set of European themes also has complete sets of Japanese and US ones...

Would love to have it as well, waiting till Feb 13 is really painful. Too bad you can't download the data straight from their servers to your PC and decrypt it with your 3DS
Yeah, too bad ;)

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Link Between World's special edition. Out of curiosity, if I were to get the MM version, could I just copy over my old SD card and have the games work without updating? Is there anyway to keep my purchases without updating the firmware?

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How r u getting rid of your AUS N3DS? Ebay?

if it's easy to sell then i'm gonna sell my n3ds too

but since GW is region-free i don't know if it'll be worth the trouble

Not positive yet, I'll try local then ebay after they release the n3ds u.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up incase anyone doesn't know.
The new 3ds xl's (even the LE editions) all have a glossy finish.

I know that can be make or break for some people since glossy finishes tend to get finger prints easily.
Personally, im ready for a glossy finish, im tired of the plain matte look from my 3dsxl after 2+years.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple, he's a "reporter" and/or blogger with a good sized following.

It's all about PR and building hype for Nintendo, they've sent the press pre-release games and consoles for decades.

Want free Nintendo games and consoles? You only need to prove that you work for a popular site or have a popular youtube account with a solid following.

True. But if you check his twitter feed. He stats he only just grew from 300 to 10,000 after his N3DS XL video was posted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls