Homebrew Hiding hacks for repairs

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I mean for sending it to Nintendo. Is such a thing possible?
Depends. Do you have A9LH?
If you use ShadowNAND, restore H&S app to the original, and leave your SD card out when you send it in, it should be indistinguishable from a legit console. Unless they start looking at the NAND contents to detect A9LH installs but I don't think they do that (shouldn't give them ideas though)
You can uninstall A9LH with SafeA9LHInstaller but they will update the console and you'll need DSiWareHax/a hardmod to downgrade it again.
If you use menuhax + emuNAND then all the hack related stuff is kept entirely on the SD card (as long as you didn't install anything to sysNAND or inject FBI to H&S on sysNAND) so they shouldn't be able to detect anything, they will update the console though.

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What kind of hack is it?

the one which you see when turning on the 3ds. It goes all fuzzy and noisy. Than you can pick between homebrew and reinand and such

I know its a weird explenation because I didnt do it myself. It was my and my bro together

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you need yo say what your setup is.

If you have backups of a "virgin" 9.2 you can always restore them(keeping a new backup so u can get your things back when the system comes from the repair)
Keep in mind that depending on your problem ninty may want to update your console.

Also theres is the minimalistic CFWs like shadownand, which may hide themselvs enough, depends on what repair you need

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need yo say what your setup is.

If you have backups of a "virgin" 9.2 you can always restore them(keeping a new backup so u can get your things back when the system comes from the repair)
Keep in mind that depending on your problem ninty may want to update your console.

Also theres is the minimalistic CFWs like shadownand, which may hide themselvs enough, depends on what repair you need
Wow that sounds pretty hopefull. Yeah my sysnand is on 9.2 and its not a software problem but has to do with the plates. Any guide to accomplishing this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since i've mentioned the plates. Is there any way to replace the upper plate yourself? Its a new 3ds XL monster hunter 4 edition.The paint has been wearing off everywhere its really weird. I've found nothing about the upper plate literally nowhere

shadownand doesnt seem like a bad option either. Hmm

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow that sounds pretty hopefull. Yeah my sysnand is on 9.2 and its not a software problem but has to do with the plates. Any guide to accomplishing this?

Since i've mentioned the plates. Is there any way to replace the upper plate yourself? Its a new 3ds XL monster hunter 4 edition.The paint has been wearing off everywhere its really weird. I've found nothing about the upper plate literally nowhere

Old or New 3DS?

If it's a new one, what is wrong with the plates?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Er... Removing the top plate of a N3DS is fairly easy. Just slip your fingers around the side and pull gently.

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its the new one. The upper plate has paint bits just getting off. I thought it was plastic at first because it looked bubly from the outside, similar to how a screen protector looks when there's still air inside of it. So I decided to push it against the 3ds's plate and see if the air dissapears. Instead the bit where it was bubbly just totally fell off. I wasnt even that agressive. And now I see a silver spots with no paint on them. Since its the monster hunter 4 edition you are supposed to see painted scratches, but all I see now is silver on those bits

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Old or New 3DS?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Er... Removing the top plate of a N3DS is fairly easy. Just slip your fingers around the side and pull gently.
The XL doesn't have removable faceplates.

It should be removable without opening the entire console, I think the screws are on the inside next to the screen, underneath the small square stickers.
the one which you see when turning on the 3ds. It goes all fuzzy and noisy. Than you can pick between homebrew and reinand and such

I know its a weird explenation because I didnt do it myself. It was my and my bro together
That's menuhax. Really all you should have to do is take out the SD card and the console will boot like a completely unhacked console (but if you have anything installed on sysNAND like a H&S inject you should remove that first)
They will update your console though, and you'll lose CFW access unless you use the DSiWare method to downgrade again, or get a hardmod.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a lot the real jbdye. Last time I sent my n3ds they didnt update it so I could be lucky again..

Oh and is there any guide to do the faceplate thing?

This all kind of reeally sucks. I loved the design of this thing so much and I know it is all sold out now and it was supposed be have quite the value. Now its just wearing off like crazy everywhere and makes the whole thing pointless

Last edited by jaouad,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
OP, I would buy fieldrunners, install the exploit save, test it, export it (keep the original though), make nand backup on 9.2, and then update to 11. This way, you can restore your nand to 9.2 once it gets back with fwTool.

I don't think you'll get lucky again with them not updating. It's standard policy for them to do so.

edit: save the nintendo 3DS folder to PC just incase they delete your fieldrunners save. You can restore the export later.

Last edited by zoogie,

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OP, I would buy fieldrunners, install the exploit save, test it, export it (keep the original though), make nand backup on 9.2, and then update to 11. This way, you can restore your nand to 9.2 once it gets back with fwTool.

I don't think you'll get lucky again with them not updating. It's standard policy for them to do so.

edit: save the nintendo 3DS folder to PC just incase they delete your fieldrunners save. You can restore the export later.
This does sound like the most accesable solution for an amateur, just by reading it though.

Anyone have an estimate of how much replacing the upper plate would cost?

Btw im amazed at all the quick reaction. Thank you all so very much for bringing forward all the options. Now it is to me to see which will fit best

Last edited by jaouad,

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In UK Nintendo is doing mandatory update to the latest firmware after 3DS/2DS is fixed, my friend send his 3DS with A9LH on it but without SD card, two weeks later he got it back fixed and upgraded the latest FW, Hack was removed from his console...

Ps. his 3DS was fixed for free, no one was making him any problems because game console was hacked they just removed hack and that's it, in his 3DS upper screen backlit was faulty and it stopped working.

Last edited by NeoRegia,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

That's a good idea. Unless they release 11.1 patching the exploit after he sends it in and it comes back on 11.1...
In UK Nintendo is doing mandatory update to the latest firmware after 3DS/2DS is fixed, my friend send his 3DS with A9LH on it but without SD card, two weeks later he got it back fixed and upgraded the latest FW, Hack was removed from his console...

Ps. his 3DS was fixed for free, no one was making him any problems because game console was hacked they just removed hack and that's it, in his 3DS upper screen backlit was faulty and it stopped working.
Did he have ShadowNAND (ie. was the 3DS able to boot without the SD card)
If the 3DS booted without the SD card, then the FIRM protection should have prevented A9LH from being overwritten...
Maybe they reflashed the NAND in an attempt to fix it.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just buy field runners, install the hacked save, copy it to the SD card, uninstall A9LH, and send it in without the SD card?

Nintendo transfers the encryption keys for SD card content to a replacement 3DS so even if you didn't get the original system back you would still have field runners + hack

Last edited by DanTheMan827,
Reactions: Quantumcat

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's a good idea. Unless they release 11.1 patching the exploit after he sends it in and it comes back on 11.1...

Did he have ShadowNAND (ie. was the 3DS able to boot without the SD card)
If the 3DS booted without the SD card, then the FIRM protection should have prevented A9LH from being overwritten...
Maybe they reflashed the NAND in an attempt to fix it.

My friend 3DS could boot without SD card but i don't know all details what he had loaded on it, only thing that i know he was using A9LH to boot his CFW. i don't know much about A9LH because i am using Gateway3DS for my gaming :D

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by DanTheMan827,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Old or New 3DS?

I just made this new 3DS (that I'm typing off of) off of many broken systems, and I completely destroyed the top plate. At least it was from the broken console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended