Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Because it's the best controller Nintendo has ever made. It's even a bit better than the GC controller.
    I bought it for the Wii U and I don't regret it.
    Of course I'm using it on PC and Smartphone as well and one day I'll surely buy a Switch but until then I'm using it with this fantastic app.

Moon164 likes this.
  2. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower I am you.

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    Seeing as the WiiU Pro controller doesn't have gyroscopic control, I would figure a lot of people would rather not have to use the hulking Game Pad for motion control were that option available. I think it's great that feature is being worked on.

3. krueger96

krueger96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    Disable burn in reduction in settings

4. purplegreendave

purplegreendave Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    Canada
    I have HID to VPAD working fine, I can use a DS4 controller in MK8.
    Just wondering if it's possible to install it as a channel on the Wii U Menu? Not a big deal it would just be nice to eliminate the step of launching the Homebrew Channel every time.

FWIW I'm running CBHC 1.6

krueger96 likes this.
  5. YungHenry

YungHenry Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    I'm guessing this is just a small bug but when I use my Switch pro controller through Bluetooth, the controls aren't 1:1. For example, if I hit left, the pointer (in Smash) will go slightly up and to the left. Would connecting through usb be more responsive?

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany

Attached Files:

Last edited by lordelan, Oct 15, 2017
    krueger96 likes this.
  7. krueger96

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    oh god i saw those controllers on aliexpress
    are they any good?

8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    The D-Pad could be better but they are pretty much "okay". I played a bit around with them and they are working. Of course they are cheap and you won't have that much fun with them if you use them as your "main controller" but they are eye candies and nice to have for player 2, 3, and so on when you have a retro evening with your friends playing some NES/SNES games on your Wii U.

At least if they would work separately like I wish they would. :( -> Help me if you can

I tested them with a few friends on RetroArch for Linux (where they work as intended) and it was cool.

Last edited by lordelan, Oct 15, 2017
    krueger96 likes this.
  9. The Lord is Arceus

The Lord is Arceus Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    United States
    by any chance, could a control stick calibration feature be added into the project? i have a switch pro controller that is naturally set with the L-stick a slight bit downward, and cannot calibrate it otherwise. i would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

YungHenry likes this.
  10. Maschell
    OP

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Currently you can only calibrate it manually by writing a config file
    To get the values, you could connect the Switch Pro Controller via Bluetooth to your Computer and see the inputs via HID Test (first link) This way you don't need to do try and error

A control stick calibation feature might come, but not in near future (At least not from my side)

Last edited by Maschell, Oct 17, 2017
  11. krueger96

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    sorry, i never used retroarch after the initial setup, i wouldn't know where to look

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    This issue (using multiple controllers with the exact same hid/vid) has been fixed by Maschell and is included in RetroArch since yesterday's nightly builds.
    Thanks again, Maschell! :)
    I bought another two controllers (another case, another brand, another dealer) which had the the same hid/vid as well but as they are working (with my attached ini from above) I thought I'll give you the links in case anyone's interested in getting 4 cheap SNES USB controllers that will work just fine for 4 (or even 5) player games in RetroArch:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dat...oystick-Gamepads-For-Windows/32798223929.html

http://www.ebay.de/itm/252763185744

This is the USB hub I'm using:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00JX1ZS5O/

Happy retro gaming. :)

One note: While being in a 4/5 player game in the Snes9x core (like Bomberman 3) open the menu after the game has launched, go to Settings -> Input -> Input User 2 Binds and change the User 2 Device Type to "Multitap".
    This has to be done for player 2 only. 1, 3, 4 and 5 can stick to SNES Joypad or RetroPad.

Last edited by lordelan, Oct 19, 2017
  13. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I thought it was just me. xD
    So... the Switch Pro Controller have a problem with Wii U in the two analogs sticks ?, luckily I did not have so many problems in Mario Kart 8

PS : Sorry for my english again

zeldaism likes this.
  14. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Yeah but my config should fix it.

Last edited by zeldaism, Oct 21, 2017
  15. alonzondavis

alonzondavis GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Is there a way to use a wii u pro via usb to emulate the gamepad with this, to play games that only use the gamepad controls?

16. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    How do I put your configuration?, The Pro Controller is work fine to me in MK8 And Plataforms Games like Freedom Planet and Yoshi Wolly World ( Fortunately I had no problem with the controversial D-pad, it's work perfect for me ) but de analog in games like Breath of the Wild it's very disappointing, but is still a great choice for those who do not want to buy the Pro Controller Wii U.

PS: For some reason, Yoshi Wolly World don't work with network client, just with a USB Cable
    PS2: There is no chance of motion controls/fyro, NFC Reader or Rumble be added in the near future ?

I Don't have a Nintendo Switch so i'm still use my Pro Controller just on Wii U and PC ( the D-Pad it's work perfectly in Sonic Mania too ) I'm curious if Rumble or gyro is working already that I have nothing to test them on PC or Wii U =/

PS : Sorry for my english one more time.

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Here's an ini file for this sweet little guy here (cable/wire mode, not Bluetooth of course):

8BITDO SFC30 Controller
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Attached Files:

SonicvMario likes this.
  18. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Just put the file in the wiiu/controller folder. I don't think gyro and rumble work yet.

Last edited by zeldaism, Oct 22, 2017
  19. epicmartin7

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Hi! So I've been having an issue recently with a First-Party Switch Pro Controller. Every time I connect it via the USB-C before HID to VPAD starts, it won't boot-up unless I unplug the cable and re-plug it in. Then, when I try to press the A button to confirm which controller I'm going to input over, it automatically selects it even though I never pressed the button A. Futhermore, it shows the 2 analog sticks being pressed in an upward manner and the up d-pad being pressed. Even though no buttons were being touched.

I've tried it on three separate builds. One nightly, the latest nightly and the latest stable version. Any idea of a potential fix or has this issue cropped up at all before?

I have even tried plugging it into other ports, but to no avail.

I did try searching around and couldn't really find anything, so I'm hoping to shed some light on this issue.

20. alonzondavis

alonzondavis GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Would this work to play custom wii vc titles?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice