Hacking hi im a complete novice needing advice

vspatcher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a ds card from www.NDSTT.com the packaging says it is a DSTT forNDS/NDSL it fits into my DS fine and the sd card i have seems to be fine also, i have dropped and dragged the games into the sd card which someone downloaded for me but when turning on my DS all I get is a red message in the top half of the DS saying menu inside of a red box

Am I doing something obviously wrong of do I need to do something different?? Any help would be gratefully recieved

many thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You probably didn't put the correct firmware on the SD card
Flashcarts don't work without firmware
I can't help you to find the DSTT one, sorry
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to download the firmware from the website specified on the packaging or you can grab it from the download center here. Be warned tho, there's alot of fake DSTTs so the company put fake-killer code in their firmware. Just to be on the safe side I'd grab one with the fake killer removed. You can find it in the DSTT forum here or from the download center (I think).

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Have you installed the latest firmware for DSST? Go check their site to download them. If you not sure that you have the latest firmware, just download one and overwrite it.

vspatcher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of that makes any sense to me whatsoever ha! what is firmware? is it something i dowload onto my comp then transfer to the sd card as a file???

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Firmware is an OS to your card. Think its like a Windows XP for the PC.

Download it from the www.ndsst.com in the download section. Search for TTmenu kernel. That's the firmware. Download the English one.

Once done, (it should be in zip file) Unzip the file. If you dont know what zip is, dont worry, Windows can open it. There will be a folder (TTMENU) and 2 file (TTMENU.SYS and TTMENU.DAT).

Oh, make sure you FORMAT YOUR MICROSD FIRST! Use Fat32 mode.

Then, drag ALL this folder and file into your microSD. Then you put your .nds games into your microsd. Put the game in the same place with the TTmenu.sys and TTmenu.dat.

Then put the MicroSD in the DSST card and play it.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes you need to download and copy the firmware files to your microsd card.
Check here to see if you card is genuine and download the files from there. Install the files/folders mentioned by greator in previous post.
If you find it is a fake card then also get fake killer files from here and Copy "TTMenu" folder and "TTmenu.Dat" files to the root of your memory card.

vspatcher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many thanks for all your replies it seems with your help i have managed to get it working

thanks so much now my kids can be happy lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...