Hacking Hex Editing ToCS2

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a little help editing my money in Trails of Cold Steel 2. From what I've read, HxD is the way to go as RinCheat and GohanMem don't work properly on this game. Now I'm not new to save editing and I successfully found my value in the save and changed it from 04 1A to FF FF. My issue is that this amount is waaaaaaaay too low. You can't even buy 99 of the basic healing item with that. If I try to change the numbers before or after those 4, it results in a crash. So how do I change it to something higher than FF FF if there are no zeroes surrounding it?

Any game where I edited my money before had zeroes after the value and I could easily increase it to FF FF FF FF or higher. Is there a way I can insert a new set of numbers without overwriting what is already there? I assume it is with the "Insert Bytes" option. However, I don't know what to do from there. What is the byte count I want? Do I do it in Dec or Hex? I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I've never run into this before.

cheezitman2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hex offsets in the ToCS2 save are bizarre, and don't conform to any pattern that I've ever seen before. Here's what I would do: Set the money to FF FF, and then go into the game and sell a single item, just something to get you above 65535. Then, open your new save file in HxD and search for your money, and you should find that it now takes up 8 bytes. Then feel free to set it to whatever you want.

matt2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm looking for a little help editing my money in Trails of Cold Steel 2. From what I've read, HxD is the way to go as RinCheat and GohanMem don't work properly on this game. Now I'm not new to save editing and I successfully found my value in the save and changed it from 04 1A to FF FF. My issue is that this amount is waaaaaaaay too low. You can't even buy 99 of the basic healing item with that. If I try to change the numbers before or after those 4, it results in a crash. So how do I change it to something higher than FF FF if there are no zeroes surrounding it?

Any game where I edited my money before had zeroes after the value and I could easily increase it to FF FF FF FF or higher. Is there a way I can insert a new set of numbers without overwriting what is already there? I assume it is with the "Insert Bytes" option. However, I don't know what to do from there. What is the byte count I want? Do I do it in Dec or Hex? I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I've never run into this before.
how do find the value for mira bro? in hxd editor i cant its say no result in the value that i search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay