Heterosexual privilege and other gender/sexuality issues...

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sinharvest24 said:
KingVamp said:
HateBreed said:
thats not fair.. people are naturally attracted to the opposite.. natures procreation method. but the human minds perverts everything and the disgustingness of man finds pleasure in it.. nature gave us the orgasm so we would want a certain feeling from the sexual experience. some people like it some dont.. theres people who dont even care about sex.
That not fair... to deem homosexually not natural. We don't fully understand nature. Homosexually could be away to prevent overpopulation.
lol, never thought of it that way before....
Gee, I wonder why? You should think outside the box. Also, I am not liking this thread. I have a bad feeling about this.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
KingVamp said:
HateBreed said:
thats not fair.. people are naturally attracted to the opposite.. natures procreation method. but the human minds perverts everything and the disgustingness of man finds pleasure in it.. nature gave us the orgasm so we would want a certain feeling from the sexual experience. some people like it some dont.. theres people who dont even care about sex.
That not fair... to deem homosexually not natural. We don't fully understand nature. Homosexually could be away to prevent overpopulation.
lol, never thought of it that way before....

There are two nature instated ways of population control that are well known (and I'm not just talking humans). The primary one is disease. Cancer rates are as high as they are due to the size of the population. There are so many deadly diseases out there as a way to remove part of the population. The problem is, we, as humans, keep curing these diseases for ourselves. This then leads into the next form of population control; the hunter vs the hunted. As humans, we tend to be the hunters at all times, even against things that normally, we shouldn't be. Because of this, we have skewed the population control of the animal kingdom, and have thoroughly caused several species to go completely extinct.

Homosexuality is debated to be genetic, but until the unquestionable evidence pops up about it, I prefer to not try to fight for nature vs nurture, or genetic causes for it. Could it be a new form of population control? Maybe. Could it be a recessive gene combination that is becoming more prominent in a booming population? Also a possibility. The entire idea is far to open ended.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Being gay myself, I can admit that two men together means no reproduction and that it's not "natural" in the sense that it is impossible to reproduce and provide progeny. But who is to say that it isn't "natural" in the sense that nature, wonderful as it may be, has flaws or perhaps this is indeed a way to control overpopulation. It has been proven that certain animal species have homosexual members.

Regardless, why should you treat me different than anyone else? Why do you care?

P.S. I have not made a choice to be gay. And as for it being a mental disorder, sure it is i don't know but i also do not care.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
memyselfandi said:
Being gay myself, I can admit that two men together means no reproduction and that it's not "natural" in the sense that it is impossible to reproduce and provide progeny. But who is to say that it isn't "natural" in the sense that nature, wonderful as it may be, has flaws or perhaps this is indeed a way to control overpopulation. It has been proven that certain animal species have homosexual members.

Regardless, why should you treat me different than anyone else? Why do you care?

P.S. I have not made a choice to be gay. And as for it being a mental disorder, sure it is i don't know but i also do not care.

I (think) it was considered a mental illness until the 70's in the states. (No offence) But gays don't bother me. (OMG a christian who actually has gay friends?
ohmy.gif
). As long as nothing is thrown in my face I'm cool. But I don't think the internet is the right place to discuss orientation, religion, or most opinionated views. I'll throw in my two cents in this thread but something is bothering me considering all threads like this here have flown down the shitter quick.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
God, I'm so sick of all these sexuality-debate topics. They either lead to flame wars, topics that continue the discussion and cause more flame wars, or bring out the trolls from under their bridges.

In my opinion, people should get the right to be heterosexual, homosexual, pansexual, etc...However, if people don't like it, and they want to voice their opinion, so be it. I don't see why people should defend other peoples' sexuality, yet attack those who defend their own.

Like people who say they find gays disgusting or whatnot...That's just like someone saying they love gays.

This post is probably hard to understand, but I have a cold, and I'm tired as hell, so excuse me if I wasn't able to make it sound normal.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
Homosexuality isn't normal. It's a malfunction. We tolerate it.
That seem so close-minded and for some reason wrong to me.

What makes you so right to say it is a malfunction?

Not all people make a family, they have a malfunction too?

Two men can't repopulate, neither can two women. That's the sole purpose of sex. Homosexuality is a brain malfunction. Same as pedophilia and necrophilia. (are you going to defend those also?)
Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia is the same as comparing heterosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia to my eyes.

Sounds like Heterosexuality is a malfunction as well.

Again, not all people make a family, they have a malfunction too?

Some only do sex for pleasure, is that a malfunction?

You do know overpopulation is a bad thing, right?

tell that to the rednecks in my hometown they equate it exactly like that.
gay is as bad as that other stuff...
Speaking as a former sexual compulsive, ahem, pleausre should be had in moderation.
To each there own practiced safely and with permission and full disclosure of the consequences as long as those consequences can be dealt with fairly, in full knowledge.

as to the hormone thing brought up by PeregrinFig...
i have noticed in my immense experience that the my sexuality changes with my body, which changes due many different things. Ever been turned on by the smell of garbage?
I figured out that by eating a very specific combination of food and having a very specific humidity and temperature garbage can turn me on...
I found the same for an even larger number of other things for myself...
Its not just hormones its everything... as to the mental thing you would first need to admit that sex is seperate from the mind or that orgasms can be had without the body.
both of which negates the need for sexuality at all.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrmon said:
Thesolcity said:
sinharvest24 said:
The jest of it is that men is supposed to be attracted to women and vice versa. It's how the human race is supposed to be in order to continue existing. Well that what i get from what he's trying to say, it's to big a matter to be compared. I foresee 10-page homo/hetero-sexuality debate.
mellow.gif

NO! Mods please close this already, this is not the place for this. This will turn into a raging anti/pro homo troll thread real quick.
Who knows? Perhaps the tempers are ready for this. Let it go on a little bit more to see what happens, and if it gets out of hand, close it.

Yeah because we've proven ourselves to be able to have intelligent debates/conversations about the Gay/Hetero subjects before, right?

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
memyselfandi said:

I (think) it was considered a mental illness until the 70's in the states. (No offence) But gays don't bother me. (OMG a christian who actually has gay friends?
ohmy.gif
). As long as nothing is thrown in my face I'm cool. But I don't think the internet is the right place to discuss orientation, religion, or most opinionated views. I'll throw in my two cents in this thread but something is bothering me considering all threads like this here have flown down the shitter quick.

Yeah i have plenty of straight, christian friends. People really need to get over it. And i also think it was indeed considered a mental illness a while back.
Also, is civil discussion too much to ask for on these forums?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thesolcity said:
memyselfandi said:

ohmy.gif
I think the internet is the best place to discuss opinionated views. You can quickly find if the person you're debating with is stating bullshit. And I think the last few threads on religion haven't been so bad.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Pyrmon said:
Thesolcity said:
sinharvest24 said:
The jest of it is that men is supposed to be attracted to women and vice versa. It's how the human race is supposed to be in order to continue existing. Well that what i get from what he's trying to say, it's to big a matter to be compared. I foresee 10-page homo/hetero-sexuality debate.
mellow.gif

NO! Mods please close this already, this is not the place for this. This will turn into a raging anti/pro homo troll thread real quick.
Who knows? Perhaps the tempers are ready for this. Let it go on a little bit more to see what happens, and if it gets out of hand, close it.

Yeah because we've proven ourselves to be able to have intelligent debates/conversations about the Gay/Hetero subjects before, right?
I don't think I've been here long enough to see many threads about sexuality. From what I know, we deserve a chance. And, again, if it gets out of hand, close the thread.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrmon said:
I don't think I've been here long enough to see many threads about sexuality. From what I know, we deserve a chance. And, again, if it gets out of hand, close the thread.

You saw Rydian's goodbye, right?

EDIT: 400th
biggrin.gif

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heterosexual privilege? Are you frigging kidding me? I know people who have to take homosexual sensitivity classes as part of their job. Homosexuality taught in schools, everyone bends over backward to please homosexuals. I can't surf the channels without seeing two guys making out. If anyone has privilege in society it's the homosexuals. Everyone has to walk on egg shells for the homosexuals or they're a hater. Gay pride day, gay parades, gay marriage, everything's gay and you're taking about straight privilege? Everyone has a bitch these days. Everyone want's to be part of an oppressed class. It's sooooooooo lame. P.S If you can't find the right card then make one. That's what I do.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
It's going to go bad either way. This is almost exactly like religion. Side A and Side B debate then at the end of the debate nothing really happens because Side A and Side B will, and most likely always, stick with there dos centavos.
Still it does get interesting but nothing to improve our minds will come out of this.
--

Anyways, here's my 2 cents.

I have lesbian friends (3) and a gay friend and 4 straight friends (2 guys and 2 girls).
We are all happy talking and doing stuff together.
There have been no fights between us, of course we might disagree with minor issues but that has nothing to do with our sexual preferences.
We have had these talks before and what both my lesbian/gay friends have told us is that it's just hard to make us fully embrace what they feel. We can only agree and accept but we won't fully understand.
Therefor this should be accepted and embraced either way.

but yes there will be people that will not accept it and that's fine. Let them be.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
Heterosexual privilege? Are you frigging kidding me? I know people who have to take homosexual sensitivity classes as part of their job. Homosexuality taught in schools, everyone bends over backward to please homosexuals. I can't surf the channels without seeing two guys making out. If anyone has privilege in society it's the homosexuals. Everyone has to walk on egg shells for the homosexuals or they're a hater. Gay pride day, gay parades, gay marriage, everything's gay and you're taking about straight privilege? Everyone has a bitch these days. Everyone want's to be part of an oppressed class. It's sooooooooo lame. P.S If you can't find the right card then make one. That's what I do.

Well said sir.. your name suits you.. but yea it's true.. and this whole bi-sexual thing is a sham.. it's just freaks getting it on with both genders. Also, a few generations isn't going to change millenia of gender roles and sexuality.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so this is what I think is the cause, I don't think you can choose to be gay:
1. It's Mother Nature's population control:
I believe this is very possible, I have thought of it like this many times.
2. It's mental/hormonal:
This is kinda related to number 1, but this is what I think is happening. There's this gene.. the homosexual gene and since population is multiplying very fast it is becoming more and more common. This gene is what causes humans to be attracted to the same sex. For example once you find out that you're straight, bi, or gay you're probably not gonna change after that.. it's in your genes..

I don't get bothered by a person being gay or whatever.. what bugs me sometimes is when a person is being obnoxious about it, like a guy using feminine hand gestures and talking like a girl (over the top.) It's kinda like, "I get it, you're gay"

That's my opinion.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:

Dick, the only reason you have to walk on shells is because whatever comment you have will be negative towards non-straight people. I mean, c'mon are you serious? People are taking homosexuality classes because they don't know how to mind their mouths. Also, there are gay pride & parades just as there are events for ANY OTHER GROUP who shares a common identity. Lastly, yeah I can make the right card. But that doesn't mean i'll be able to play it because it is YOUR (society's) game. Play fair and I won't have to find a damn card.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JustChillin1414 said:
Okay, so this is what I think is the cause, I don't think you can choose to be gay:
2. It's mental/hormonal:
This is kinda related to number 1, but this is what I think is happening. There's this gene.. the homosexual gene and since population is multiplying very fast it is becoming more and more common. This gene is what causes humans to be attracted to the same sex. For example once you find out that you're straight, bi, or gay you're probably not gonna change after that.. it's in your genes..

I don't get bothered by a person being gay or whatever.. what bugs me sometimes is when a person is being obnoxious about it, like a guy using feminine hand gestures and talking like a girl (over the top.) It's kinda like, "I get it, you're gay"

That's my opinion.

Agreed.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
memyselfandi said:
JustChillin1414 said:
2. It's mental/hormonal:

That's my opinion.

Agreed.
Also agreed. As for them not having greeting cards and such, it's kind of a minority thing. You see baptism cards, but you don't see "converting to atheism" cards. 4% of American people identify as homosexual/bisexual and around 601,209 same-sex unmarried partner households existed in 2000. There's just not enough of a market.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sexuality is more of a spectrum just look t the kinsey scale. There's more people who are a mix than are gay. Women especially exhibit a more flexible sexuality. The whole gay straight black white way of looking at sexuality is totally wrong. I don't think I've ever met a gay guy that hasn't had a girlfriend at one time. I think people are forced by their respective groups to choose when they don;t want to necessarily do that. I girl who I'm friends with lost all her lesbian friends when she broke up with her girlfriend for a guy. I don;t think I've ever seen such intolerance and hatred in my life. It was really surprising.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...