RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, Hermes cIOS 222/223 has been great for getting the newest generation of music games to run via USB Loader and for guaranteeing full instrument compatibility. However, I've noticed with many of the games it is used for, there are some desync and chopping issues partway through songs. Examples:

* The Beatles: Rock Band occasionally experiences a 1-2 second freeze but resumes in perfect sync.
* Guitar Hero 5 occasionally experiences stuttering and chopping but generally stays in sync.
* Band Hero will occasionally jump and lose 1-2 seconds, remaining desynced for the rest of the song (even if you pause).

From my experience, RB2 and Lego Rock Band have been problem-free so far with Hermes.

I have retried all problematic songs and the problem appears at random on any song, so it's not a bad rip or install. I also do not have this issue with any of the rhythm games that run under IOS249 (even Aerosmith runs lag-free). I personally run the games using IOS37-merged-36 installed to 223, although I have heard similar reports of stuttering from others with different versions of the Hermes cIOS.

So, I ask, is this a problem inherent to the cIOS itself, or is there something in the settings or install options I can mess with to correct this? Is the Hermes cIOS author aware of this issue? Is it fixable?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS37 merged with 36 is the rev3 version of hermes cIOS installer

i think thats causing your problem.
try updating your cIOS 222 and 223 to rev4
and use whichever is merged with IOS37 to play your games

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I recall, I think I have rev4 but there's no way of checking. Also, the installation process allows you to select which IOSes to use/merge when installing. I think at the time I installed it the popular consensus was to install IOS36 cIOS222 and IOS37-merged-36 cIOS223. Should I install the latest just to make sure? And which settings should I use?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the desync has been a issue with rhythm games since way before hermes had a cIOS and there was a usb loader. the easy fix is just pause the game and go into the calibrate lag screen (but dont calibrate) or just mess around in the pause settings a bit and unpause. it has to do with the way the games read data from the wii and probably cant be fixed. but when you go to certain pause screens, it causes to game to re-evaluate the note chart and audio offset and this fixes the sync for a little bit. even from dvd-r and IOS249rev7 this happens. its just the price you pay for being a pirate.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
the desync has been a issue with rhythm games since way before hermes had a cIOS and there was a ubs loader. the easy fix is just pause the game and go into the calibrate lag screen (but dont calibrate) or just mess around in the pause settings a bit and unpause. it has to do with the way the games read data from the wii and probably cant be fixed. but when you go to certain pause screens, it causes to game to re-evaluate the note chart and audio offset and this fixes the sync for a little bit. even from dvd-r and IOS249rev7 this happens. its just the price you pay for being a pirate.
Valid logic, and I've had those issues in the past. However, I still believe *this* issue is related to Hermes' cIOS specifically for the following reasons:
1. Lag on disc backup loaders was due to poor read speeds and an inability to cache songs (made Aerosmith unplayable from disc). This should be nonexistent on USB 2.0, which reads nearly twice as fast as the Wii's own native disc drive.
2. I use IOS249 rev13a to run GH3, Aerosmith, Metallica, and Van Halen with NO LAG. EVER. Even Aerosmith, which had a predefined load time and no cache check before it began the song, runs perfectly with 249 in USB Loader.
3. The issue only occurs on the games which I have needed Hermes to run (either due to blackscreens or lack of instrument compatbility).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
If I recall, I think I have rev4 but there's no way of checking. Also, the installation process allows you to select which IOSes to use/merge when installing. I think at the time I installed it the popular consensus was to install IOS36 cIOS222 and IOS37-merged-36 cIOS223. Should I install the latest just to make sure? And which settings should I use?
Sure you have a way to check it. Open up AnyTitleDeleter and check out IOS222/223's version number. Or simply acquire the latest installer and install IOS222 as IOS38 merged with IOS37

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night