I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I innernet'd over to http://ds.ign.com/index/release.html to check upcoming NDS releases and I had to check the list three times to make sure I wasn't looking at past GBA releases from '05:

Ultimate Card/Puzzle Games
Babar
Namco Museum
Garfield
Backyard Sports
Bratz
Spider Man
Super Collapse

Between ports and beating tired franchises to death, well over half of the whole list is shit (some with peanuts). I thought Nintendo listened to the gamers, who is asking for another Petz game? How far down on the dev team do you have to be to be assigned to work on Ed, Edd & Eddy?

Meanwhile they won't translate Mother 3 which a substantial user base is begging for. Nes is a SSBB character for Gods sake. I need to write someone a letter...

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games have sold well enough to make more.

Earthbound never sold well in America.

Maybe the VC will release Earthbound and if enough people buy it in drovves this time, we'll get more games over here.

Money talks.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Earthbound never sold well in America.

Uh huh. The one chance they gave it on SNES in the early 90's. And they realize it has a following which is why it will appear in the Wii Smash Brothers.

Those games have sold well enough to make more.

btw, anyone know where I can look up sales charts per title. I hear this statement a lot and I don't really believe Babar can be popular enough to warrant multiple titles/platforms. It's on PBS for Christsakes. I want to support my thesis that this is all a matter of what jaded corporate assholes are dictating to the unwashed gaming masses (and granting for the fact that the younger age demographic has no understanding of good gaming content.)

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The games are quite popular and will sell. 90% of shoppers go there and then purchase by the box and the back because they want the kids to shut up. Parents feel more at easy buying a character or brand name that they know and understand themselves.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought Nintendo listened to the gamers, who is asking for another Petz game? How far down on the dev team do you have to be to be assigned to work on Ed, Edd & Eddy?

Nintendo doesn't develop these crap games. The third-party companies do. Nintendo just glances at their games and puts their stamp of approval on them so that they can be published and make both companies more money.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Mother series did better in Japan than here... Guess who developed Smash? Oh yeah, NOJ.

Nintendo doesn't acknowledge the EB fanbase in the states...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of those I can live without but personally Ultimate Card/Puzzle Games and Namco Museum were some of my favourite titles for the GBA (ultimate ? games for the GBA has 42 all time classics beat in my opinion).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of those I can live without but personally Ultimate Card/Puzzle Games and Namco Museum were some of my favourite titles for the GBA (ultimate ? games for the GBA has 42 all time classics beat in my opinion).

Much agree.

I wish they would make a 2D Metroid for DS. It's a no-brainer. It would sell big-time.

I also wish they would make F-Zero and a Punch-out compilation for DS. A couple more no-brainers.

My idea for a Punch-Out compilation would be this:

The NES and SNES versions could have varying modes. Standard or enhanced graphics. Added touchscreen play or normal controls. If they have their panties in a bunch over Mike Tyson in the NES version....well, there was also a version without that dude. Just use that.

The arcade Punch-Out could be arcade perfect and would be uniquely suited to the DS since it was already a dual screen game. It would be the first time the game ever officially appeared on a home gaming system of any type. (MAME doesn't count as "official")

Like I said, no-brainers. Loads of cash to be made with those the 3 games I mentioned alone. Hell, the Punch-Out compilation (as I have it imagined) would probably fit on a 16meg cart or less and they could charge full price for it.

Nintendo can be so friggin' stupid sometimes.
dry.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before I get flamed by the bloody fanboys here, I love the DS, I have bought three flashcarts and two DS's so far. BUT, it does have the weakest catalogue of any of Nintendo's handhelds. The GB/GBC was great, no innovation at all, just great, classic gaming. The GBA was absolute heaven, the best handheld ever. It has got 150+ games which are better than the best DS games just now. The DS is a great console, its better than the PSP, but looking back on Nintendo's history of handhelds, it just doesn't compare. Its not even in the same league as the GBA.
Don't get me wrong, the GBA has its collection of awful games, but it was classic, retro, early 90's gaming in your hand, and its vast collection of must-have's far outweighs the DS.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
*shrug*

these games have to exist, and personally they kinda give me hope.
I mean, if this crap makes it to the shelves, I'm definitely going to get atleast one game of mine on the shelves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what's 401k?