OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
large.jpg

His name is Larry

Last week we reported on Nintendo of America's Dragon Quest VI Twitter competition, won by Larry LaHaie of Lansing, MI, who got to meet series creator Yuji Horii.

Not only did LaHaie get to shake hands with the respected designer, he also shared lunch with Horii, as well as the game's executive producer, chatting away for two hours.

During this chat Horii confirmed that Dragon Quest X is still in production for Nintendo Wii, having been quiet on that front for a long time. According to LaHaie, the team was pleased with the popularity of the multiplayer aspects of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies on DS, so we may see more well-developed multiplayer features for the Wii version.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

What a lucky guy to meet the person who created the legendary Dragon quest series and also getting the great news about Dragon Quest 10 on the Wii .

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I didn't even know there was a contest o.0 and I follow Nintendo on Twitter.
Yeah they did this whole trivia contest thing. I didn't know what the prize was until now, but they asked a question, and everyone who got it right answered another and another and another until there was only one guy left. Larry, apparently.

Edit: Source This was only the first tweet.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty disappointed that the next Dragon Quest game is coming out on the Wii. I was really hoping for a PS3 release.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TehSkull said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I didn't even know there was a contest o.0 and I follow Nintendo on Twitter.
Yeah they did this whole trivia contest thing. I didn't know what the prize was until now, but they asked a question, and everyone who got it right answered another and another and another until there was only one guy left. Larry, apparently.

Edit: Source This was only the first tweet.

That was a contest? I thought they were just asking normal trivia just for fun.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they eat happy smiling gelatins for dessert

Vigilante said:
During this chat Horii confirmed that Dragon Quest X is still in production for Nintendo Wii, having been quiet on that front for a long time.
I think that this game will be one of the last "big" games for the Wii.
We can assume that...... development time of DQX==Wii lifespan

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
I'm pretty disappointed that the next Dragon Quest game is coming out on the Wii. I was really hoping for a PS3 release.
You will never see Dragon Quest on a Sony platform ever again. When it comes to market appeal and potential sales numbers, that's all that matters to the developer. Why release a game on a console that has only sold 30 million units when you can sell it on one thats sold over 55 million units? Not to mention the development time for the PS3 would not be worth what the franchise sells in terms of copies per game, but they are getting more exposure in North America now so it might happen in the future, just not anytime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh