Hacking Here how to Softmod LU64 4.0 ! Tested working

piblow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an LU65 serial with 4.0U ... hackmii/bootmii v2, installed bootmii and the HBC with no problems.

Following this guide I reach the WAD 1.4 installer and locate the IOS16.WAD but as soon as I go to install it I get error (ret = -1035) [I think it's -1035, I need a new TV badly]

Any thoughts?

flavors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
piblow said:
I have an LU65 serial with 4.0U ... hackmii/bootmii v2, installed bootmii and the HBC with no problems.

Following this guide I reach the WAD 1.4 installer and locate the IOS16.WAD but as soon as I go to install it I get error (ret = -1035) [I think it's -1035, I need a new TV badly]

Any thoughts?

did you installed cBoot2 ? you need this or your gona get a error

Posts merged

QUOTE(dogeggs @ May 30 2009, 08:24 PM) So this guide only says to install the LU64cIOS....what about the LU64.wad?

i never been able to install LU64.wad miself ...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

piblow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
flavors said:
piblow said:

Any thoughts?

did you installed cBoot2 ? you need this or your gona get a error

Correct as that is how I got to the Wad installer.

-bootmii is installed as IOS
-HBC is installed
-cBoot2 has been copied to the SD, as well as the wad/IOS16.WAD and the 3 files in apps/LU64cIOS
-goto HBC, run bootmii, arrive at WAD installer
-select IOS16.WAD, install
-ret = -1035

Those are the steps I took, hopefully it provides some clarity. The error is instant, there is no delay between the time I confirm installation and the return of the error.

swampthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Have you tried directly installing the LU64 wad instead?

I had the same thing happen to me as he did. I just chose the 64 then instead and it installed. I was able to launch USB loader for the first time after doing this but it didn't recognize either my SD card or a USB hard drive to see if i could actually do anything further than what i could allready. USB loader just gave the error 1.

piblow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In this thread the steps are similar, but different, which has made me think something is missing from one of them.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158068

chunan said:
I just installed cIOS rev11 beta with cBoot2 on my LU64+.
The below are the steps.

0. prepare required files for cBoot2
1. load hackmii installer beta2 through bannerbomb
2. install homebrew channel 1.03
3. install BootMii as IOS254
4. load cBoot2Installer through hbc
5. restart Wii
6. load hbc and press 'Home' button
7. select "Launch BootMii"
8. Wad Manager 1.4 is loaded
9. install cIOS rev11 beta

step 4 (from the guide I am referencing) is not in this thread's guide, does it create the files that are from the link in from step 3?

the guide I am referencing also does not run the IOS16.WAD, does anyone have a link for cBoot2Installer?

Thanks
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swampthing said:
FenrirWolf said:
Have you tried directly installing the LU64 wad instead?

I had the same thing happen to me as he did. I just chose the 64 then instead and it installed. I was able to launch USB loader for the first time after doing this but it didn't recognize either my SD card or a USB hard drive to see if i could actually do anything further than what i could allready. USB loader just gave the error 1.

Is your drive compatible?

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in the readme of the cboot2 installer it says that you have to select uninstall in wad manager first - then install, maybe you should try that?

piblow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dogeggs said:
in the readme of the cboot2 installer it says that you have to select uninstall in wad manager first - then install, maybe you should try that?

Kudos, my friend. That did it.

swampthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piblow said:
dogeggs said:

Kudos, my friend. That did it.

Ditto, fixed it completely. Drive recognized and am now backing up. RTFM i guess.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your simple guide, I applied it to a virgin LU65 wii that had no cios and was updated via nintendo with sm4.

ios16.wad would not install, so I continued. I now have backup loader going, with usb loader and cio36 rev 12 with ultimate loader

The cboot download worked for me as well.

Thanks,

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i have 4.0u installed.

i got the homebrew chanel working fine.now i need the rest.i tryed the downgrader for 35 but it frezzes when i select it.so now i found this.will it work on the 4.0?

were do we find the LU64 fix and put the IOS16.wad LU64 fix and put the IOS16.wad

flavors said:
1. Install Bootmii v2 as an IOS
2. Install HBC (Bootmii package) once its done reboot the wii and remove the sd
3. Save your Bootmii installation you got on the sd and replace that whit
Cboot2 already compiled (thx to WiiBlaster for the compiled version )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MG0CQUIK
If that dosen't work try to compile yourself by using this link : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199
4.make a wad folder on the root of the sd
5.try to find the LU64 fix and put the IOS16.wad file in you wad folder
6.now make an app folder in your sd root and copy the LU64 fix and put the IOS16.wad folder in it (from the lu64 fix again )
7.Now start your wii , go in HBC , press home then run bootmii
8.you should get a 10 sec black sreen then it open Wad manager
9.Install the IOS16.wad
10.restart your wii after it done
11.Go to HBC and install LU64iOS now
12.Your done , you can now install backup loader etc..

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should fix your ios35. I originally tried that and it worked on a non lu65 machine, but if you do the ios35 on an lu65 machine then your ios35 is junked. Re-install the original ios 35 v3096 or 3092 then proceed with this guide

Just my 2 cents

rawrindmajor

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanx a lot for this guide, i have just modded my little sister's boyfriend's lu64 factory-4.0u wii with this, theres not enough beautiful words in the dictionary to thank you!

but i've got a question, is there a way to install preloader0.29 after modding it using this tutorial? (i know he'll mess with it later and blame me i did it wrong, stupid kids)
i tried installing preloader and it tells me that the ios36 is fixed or something. but if downgrade ios36 it'll brick the wii right? or can some ios be downgraded now after following this tutorial's steps? cboot2's purpose was for that, right? if so, how do i enable ios36's trucha bug?
oh, another thing, can i now install ciosrev13 or older? i read on some threads ppl with lu64 4.0 with other cios besides the "lu64cios"... but i guess it won't change much even if i install them, will it?

i now own you guys my sis kiss if you ever step in these lands (she's not cute btw).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.