Hacking Here how to Softmod LU64 4.0 ! Tested working

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this method could I load backups through disc channel and if I can how because from what i've read installing cios's like cioscorp can brick my wii??

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Will the ios16.wad be safe if installed to a LU65 virgin 4.0 machine? Or do I just skip this and install the Lu64fix?

I haven't heard of it causing any problems, but it really isn't needed. You can safely skip that step.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS16 should be safe to install since nothing in the Wii ever runs from it unless a homebrew app requests it.

And no, this doesn't enable disc channel loading.

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed ios16 on my lu64 and good thing too cause it was before the lu64 fix or rev11 were out and i messed up my wii

s couple offical games, normal wad manger and wad manger ios35 all went to black screens, if i wouldn't of have ios16 installed i wouldnt of been able to use custom wad manger using ios16

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true enough, i suppose there's no reason NOT to install it, if you want another backdoor laying around just in case

saintirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the Wii Softmodding for dummies guide, until I realized I have an LU64 wii that doesn't work with those steps. That guide made it very simple where to find all the files I needed and to get going. I have to admit that this guide is a little over my head, but I think I can at least get things going with the right files. Can anyone point me where to get the right files outside of using torrents??

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i did this for my friends LU65 Wii and all went great (got the pack needed from another location) but my question now is can i get it to load GameCube games? Is there any special steps needed or just install the MIOS patch?

saintirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I did my homework and I found all the files that the instructions say we need for a LU64 Wii with 4.0u firmware. I had been using the Wii softmod for dummies tutorial, and now I am wondering where am I supposed to get back on track following those instructions after completing the instructions given at the beginning of this forum??

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have the LU64 fix (AKA cIOsRev11) installed, you can install channels, run backup loaders, etc. Just don't do anything dumb like trying to downgrade any IOS's.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry this is a DUMB question, but I generally ignore these LU64 as it doesn't apply for my wii (but now I am hacking my boss's Wii). So this will work on a Sys menu LOWER than 4.0 correct? And LU65 behaves the same as LU64...? Thanks, I normally try to avoid this kind of stupidity through research but am on a timeline here.

saintirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Post from nofx3001

hi , please help im triying to install this : Go to HBC and install LU64iOS now

But when im installing it i have the next error

"Reading IOS36-64 v3094.wad Error (ret = -1 )

if anybody can help me please ill be gratefull and one more cuestion once i have done all this tutorial i can install other tools like backup launcher ??

I am having the EXACT same issue as nofx3001 was. I never saw any official solution to this problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

I am very grateful for the work that the OP and others have put into this! A slightly more detailed instruction set would be even more wonderful . . . just as a suggestion. There is a lot of guesswork involved here it seems.

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to select uninstall first, then install...don't know why but it's mentioned in the cboot2 readme....check your pm

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TrickyTony said:
I'm sorry this is a DUMB question, but I generally ignore these LU64 as it doesn't apply for my wii (but now I am hacking my boss's Wii). So this will work on a Sys menu LOWER than 4.0 correct? And LU65 behaves the same as LU64...? Thanks, I normally try to avoid this kind of stupidity through research but am on a timeline here.

Exactly my question. I have a friends Wii with the same specs. Will this work on 3.4E ??

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
TrickyTony said:

Exactly my question. I have a friends Wii with the same specs. Will this work on 3.4E ??

Does anyone have any idea ? I would like to mod his Wii today, tommorrow it's his birthday. And no, this isn't the only gift he's getting. I'm not that lame
smile.gif

Btw his Wii is a LEF12, but I assume it's the same as LU64+ because I couldn't install BootMii as Boot2.
That's should be right, shouldn't it ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think we need a new guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165453

Something like:
1. Get bannerbomb working
2. Install HBC
3. get IOS wads (only required when the Wii has no internet connection)
4. run TBR and downgrade IOS15, install patched IOS36 as IOS36, restore IOS15
5. run any cIOS installer you want

That's a quick, easy and legal way to softmod a Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: