Hercules no Eikou freezes in beginning on M3 Real. Help!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Oath, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Oath
    OP

Member Oath GBAtemp Regular

United States
    WTH! It works on M3 Simply but not the M3 Real? It freezes after the act imagine codec logo comes up. Can anyone help?

2. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

I have this exact same problem. But, it seems that everyone who was working on the project over there has lost interest.
    I got it to work once when I booted through iTouch. But, now it just dies in exactly the same spot you mentioned.

3. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    sorry but i wouldnt know where to start with an m3 real as i only have an r4 an ezv+ and a dstt to test on sorry

4. Oath
    OP

Member Oath GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dont worry bout it.
    Ill probably try booting it through a different flashcart firmware like multi.

5. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

Thanks Valyr for the quick response. Dont worry too much about it. The interesting thing is that when I first installed the Sakura os on my m3 real, the game worked almost consistently through iTouch boot. Then it kinda stopped after I updated the sakura os again. So, im wondering if the problem is a DLDI issue that maybe you can glance at if you have the time. I looked at the boot headers after applying the patch. And, it says that it looks fine. But, it still crashes directly after the company logo screen. The fmv wont play at all. It's just 2 black screens.

6. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Maybe the new iTouch isn't compatible.

7. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

...hmm now theres a thought.

*brb with my findings on the old itouch*

8. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

the game stops working after firmware 3.8x, and it has been reported many times to the m3team, but they don't tend to fix older games that often
    hope they'll fix it on their next firmware