Hacking Help with Wii softmod

slacker4_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok first of all im really new to this so please have patience... its a wii i need help with not dsi.. sorry wrong section
ok a little back round.. i paid a guy to copy his harddrive with over 3000 games and roms..
i bought a 2 tb western my book essential.. then the guy called and said its to big and he needed a 750 passport...
can you use any harddrive or just usb powered ones.. how do i format the harddrive..i want as much memory as possible for future games so any help would be apprecieated...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Currently you can't softmod a DSi.

To play all those games you need what is called a flashcart. Good flashcarts are:
Acekard 2i (AK2i with AKAIO installed)
EZ-Flash Vi
M3 Zero
Supercard DSONEi
Supercard DSTWO
iEdge

Those that suck or have little to none support:
Any R4 whatever clone
DSTTi
N clone with the i in it.

The respective subsections for those types of cards are here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=37

You can ask what to get here: http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread
you might get a fanboy response, ask at your own risk. You should also ask where to get one, if you want a local source or get it cheap from a shop in Hong Kong.

If you want to jump head first into things, just get a AK2i. It is cheap so if you think it is not for you, you don't break the bank getting one.

Then you will need to get a microSDHC, maximum capacity is 16GB unless you want to spend 200 bucks for a crappy class 2 32GB microSDHC from sandisk. You should get a class 4 or class 6.

As to how to format that, you shouldn't need to reformat a microSDHC when you get it. In rare cases it will screw up the flashcart if you do. NEVER use the windows formater to format your microSDHC. Default format is FAT32.

Ask your question in the which flashcart post then visit the subsection for any customization:
http://gbatemp.net/f40-nds-flashing-hardware-and-software

You asked in the wrong section, a mod will probably move it soon.

============================
Ignore post since it is a wii and not a dsi.

You will need to softmod your wii, if it is not already done so. Once that is done, you will need to install the usb loader. Once that is done you can prep a HDD to connect to the wii and use.

Links you will need:
Softmodding your wii: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below
Backup loaders basics: http://gbatemp.net/t179085-9658-9658-9658-...-9668-9668-9668

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it