Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure if anyone else has come by this problem, but a few days ago, my uncle gave me the Wii DVD Dumper to use on my Wii. My dad just bought me a 2GB SD card, and a friend of mine asked me whether I'd dump Super Monkey Ball for him (I'm not really into this kiddy kind of game, but I agreed to test it out for him).

So, I ran the Dumper on my Wii, and it seemed to work fine. It dumped in 3 X 512MB files, but having a 2GB SD card, this wasn't a problem for me. However, when I stuck the SD card into my laptop... I only had a 377MB file.

I burned it onto a DVD, and it didn't work on my Wii. Can anyone solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Super Money Ball for the Wii? The file should've been around 4.37 GB..
I think you just waited for the first part to finish dumping and then got a 300MB iso? I suggest using around 1.5 GB parts since you have a 2GB card. After the 1.5 GB finished dumping you put the SD card in your laptop, copy the iso into a folder, remove the iso off the card then put it back into the Wii. Then the DVD dumper should say something like Press A for second part. Just repeat it for all the parts off the iso's (They should add up to 4.37GB) and use a Program like Altap Salamander to join the parts up. Then finally burn it onto a DVD-R and it should work fine.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Try pressing left/right on the D-pad. It lets you choose the size of each part and also tells you how many parts it will be i believe?

EDIT: Jokes, Super Monkey ball is a GC title? It should've been around 3 512MB parts then. BTW, how are you trying to run it? Like modchip, Softmod, etc?

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, but I haven't got Wifi on my computer yet.. D:

Does anyone else have a suggestion?
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I think it overwrites the same file on SD every time.
First it writes a 512MB one. Normally, you would copy that one to your computer and erase it from SD.
Then the second 512MB file comes. And so on. That happens 8 times and then a smaller part remains.
And 8*512MB + 377MB, that's very close to the size of a full iso. But since it overwrites the same file, you only end up with the latest file if you don;t copy it first.

And I've just checked that dumper application (Waninkoko's one, version 1.2)
It supports bigger split files, you can toggle between the sizes with left and right on the d-pad. Also make sure you select Wii Single Layer disc as format

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: