Help with Wii DVD Dumper

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hehe Moo, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

Help with Wii DVD Dumper by Hehe Moo at 8:54 AM (1,013 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Hehe Moo
    OP

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    I'm not sure if anyone else has come by this problem, but a few days ago, my uncle gave me the Wii DVD Dumper to use on my Wii. My dad just bought me a 2GB SD card, and a friend of mine asked me whether I'd dump Super Monkey Ball for him (I'm not really into this kiddy kind of game, but I agreed to test it out for him).

So, I ran the Dumper on my Wii, and it seemed to work fine. It dumped in 3 X 512MB files, but having a 2GB SD card, this wasn't a problem for me. However, when I stuck the SD card into my laptop... I only had a 377MB file.

I burned it onto a DVD, and it didn't work on my Wii. Can anyone solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Super Money Ball for the Wii? The file should've been around 4.37 GB..
    I think you just waited for the first part to finish dumping and then got a 300MB iso? I suggest using around 1.5 GB parts since you have a 2GB card. After the 1.5 GB finished dumping you put the SD card in your laptop, copy the iso into a folder, remove the iso off the card then put it back into the Wii. Then the DVD dumper should say something like Press A for second part. Just repeat it for all the parts off the iso's (They should add up to 4.37GB) and use a Program like Altap Salamander to join the parts up. Then finally burn it onto a DVD-R and it should work fine.

3. Hehe Moo
    OP

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Nope, I dumped all three files. And how do I choose to have 1.5GB files? It just says 512MB, and it didn't give me a choice.

4. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Try pressing left/right on the D-pad. It lets you choose the size of each part and also tells you how many parts it will be i believe?

EDIT: Jokes, Super Monkey ball is a GC title? It should've been around 3 512MB parts then. BTW, how are you trying to run it? Like modchip, Softmod, etc?

5. Hehe Moo
    OP

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Uh... Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, I believe... it's a Wii game, not GC. And I'm trying to run it with Backup Launcher.

6. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    you can also send it over wifi to your computer

7. Hehe Moo
    OP

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Yeah, but I haven't got Wifi on my computer yet.. D:

Does anyone else have a suggestion? [​IMG]

8. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Well I think it overwrites the same file on SD every time.
    First it writes a 512MB one. Normally, you would copy that one to your computer and erase it from SD.
    Then the second 512MB file comes. And so on. That happens 8 times and then a smaller part remains.
    And 8*512MB + 377MB, that's very close to the size of a full iso. But since it overwrites the same file, you only end up with the latest file if you don;t copy it first.

And I've just checked that dumper application (Waninkoko's one, version 1.2)
    It supports bigger split files, you can toggle between the sizes with left and right on the d-pad. Also make sure you select Wii Single Layer disc as format