Homebrew help with wii cISOX rev.20b

lazlo1235

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am having problems with updating iso249 and update it to iso56 and it is really hard.Yea im a huge newb to wii and i got homebrew and wad manager 1.4 PLEASE HELP I NEED TO PLAY SONIC 4 oh and my wii version is 3.2U and when i try to put sonic 4 on my wii and it goes to the wii menu....

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
get a program called pimpmywii install it than run from hbc. use the option check and install everything. it's the easiest way i've found to update everything (all ios) in 1 hit it'll download everything for you no need to install separate proggys to update each ios etc it'll even update your system menu keeping all homebrew intact if you want
tongue.gif

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry, but PimpMyWii is not safer than ModMii (http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows) and it install too many stub ios.
@lazlo, use ModMii and run Wizard Mode, say ur Wii is Virgin and desired SM 4.1. Follow generated guide setp by step and ull be rdy to play ur games
wink.gif

lazlo1235

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok thanks but is there anyway to just use cisox rev20b? If not i will just use bootmii....But it would be much easier

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazlo1235 said:
ok thanks but is there anyway to just use cisox rev20b? If not i will just use bootmii....But it would be much easier

BootMii should be used REGARDLESS of your method of updating your cIOS. BootMii is to help ensure you do not brick your Wii, or that it is recoverable.

He was not suggesting ModMii in lieu of BootMii. Two separate purposes. One is an intuitive Windows program that will prepare your SD card with everything it needs, based on your input. The other is to offer a safe recovery method, plus more.

If possible, you want to install BootMii as boot2.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple fix download the ios's needed with nus downloader and use wad manager to install them from there you should be fine. no need with the hassle of updating everything to run newer wiiware games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs