Help with updating version

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by SirChick, Jul 11, 2011.

Jul 11, 2011

Help with updating version by SirChick at 4:38 AM (487 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SirChick
    OP

Newcomer SirChick Member

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I just downloaded the update to get the version to work on DSi XL 1.4.2 the file is named: "ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi"

I placed it in root - then loaded up my DS and loaded the file, upon loading it says "failed please restart". So i tried a different DSi XL which was on 1.4. Same thing.

Then i tried a different acekard encase it was broken, and the same issue happened.

This is how i placed the file on the SD:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2wp35o3.jpg

Any one got any ideas on the issue?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I had this same problem. I temporarily replaced AKAIO with the old Acekard firmware and then used the latest update file. The update file worked then. After I was sure the update succeeded, I deleted the old Acekard firmware and put the latest version of AKAIO back on.

3. SirChick
    OP

Newcomer SirChick Member

United Kingdom
    I see so it might be some kind of conflicting bug ?

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have no idea what the problem is. In fact, I only had to do this for the first 3DS update. I was able to update to the latest version for versions 2.0/2.1 of the 3DS without having to replace AKAIO. Go figure. Anyway, let me know if what I suggested allows you to update successfully.

5. SirChick
    OP

Newcomer SirChick Member

United Kingdom
    Bare in mind im using NDSi XL not a 3DS - but i hope it does work for me like it did for you.