Help with The World Ends With You

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by IlDucci, Jan 21, 2011.

Jan 21, 2011
  1. IlDucci

Newcomer IlDucci Newbie

Mar 8, 2010
    Hello there, I've commented this out at some post on this Category, but I realised that was a mistake and it was best to check it out here.

I'm trying to edit one graphic from The World Ends With You. To be precise, the position of a graphic (The You Win! from Tin Pin Slammer). After tweaking around the files, I thought that the position of the tiles could be found on overlay/overlay_0039.bin, as I found a reference to the file I am editing.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure of what files to attach in order to help.
  2. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

May 28, 2008
    unfortunaltey if it really is in the overlay you are going to need to look for the asm responsibble for how it gets put on the screen. Kinda the same type you would find in a .nscr which I guess you could look for by looking for the same type of hex involved.

Are you sure though that the overlay in question isn't just a re route - a go here load these files?

I have seen graphics actually held in the overlay (it was the games font, and could be unpacked out- repacked in with a huffman de/compression)
    SO is the graphic itself in their?
    Could you please give us the name (and pathway) of the actual file you are talking about?
    It'll be needed to check out what you are talking about.

As depedning on a few things, there may be some other topics to redirect you too or to get you to search for.