Hacking Help with shoulder buttons

pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey,i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem with my R button on my DS lite.
It works fine,but alot of the time it presses horribly with no clicky sound and is sometimes stiff to push.
I dont want to replace the casing or remove any part of my DS,i was just wondering what i could do to make it better.

thanks in advance.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could be clogged by dust or something, try blasting it with a can of compressed air (Or just blow really really hard). Also the spring inside the R button may have come loose or have broken, but you would have to open your DS to check.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the "R" button has a hole just near the power LED. pull it back carefully but firmly until you see it and then blast some air in there. i had this same problem and a few blasts later everything was working great. nintendo wanted 87$ to look at it and fix the problem. a $5 can of air is worth your money over what they will charge you.

-another world

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
don't be afraid to open your DS - the shoulder button is easily accessible after removing screws. then, just take out the button and chekc out the spring area. remove any dust, or fix the spring if it is broken (look at your left shoulder button for how it should look).

don't lose the spring if you take it out! it can fly out if it's loose.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iwakura said:
don't be afraid to open your DS - the shoulder button is easily accessible after removing screws. then, just take out the button and chekc out the spring area. remove any dust, or fix the spring if it is broken (look at your left shoulder button for how it should look).

don't lose the spring if you take it out! it can fly out if it's loose.

I agree, but be careful with the shoulder buttons, it is a real pain to load the spring back into place. Also, don't just take it apart randomly, look for a guide/video, as if don't take it apart properly, you run the risk of bending your motherboard and possibly breaking your DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill